Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft 27.0

#6OA Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

Wait, I can explain and I really don’t want @Davicus to vomit. This pick presumes he checks out medically and in the Underwear Olympics. That’s not a given. Here’s context for his last 2 seasons from a Bears report:

"After that very good freshman year, big things were expected from Bresee, but he has hit some roadblocks that have hurt his overall production. In 2021, he only played in Clemson’s first four games before tearing an ACL and having surgery. For the four games he totaled 13 total tackles and 1.5 sacks.

Bresee rehabbed hard and came back strong for the '22 season but hit two more roadblocks causing him to play in only nine of Clemson’s 14 games.

Following the second game, Bresee younger sister died from a rare form of Cancer. He left the team for a few weeks to be with his family. Shortly after he returned, it was discovered he had a kidney infection which caused him to miss more time. So, in reality, in the last two seasons, he has missed 13 games due to injury and personal reasons."

He should pass Dan’s Turd Test with flying colors, he turns 22 in October, and he’s high effort and motor.

#18OA Brian Branch, S, Alabama

I think he’ll slide a couple of slots to us from where he’s often mocked because of what’s measured at the combine. I want to believe that, at least.

#48OA Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

If Christian Barmore lasted to #38, then Mazi Smith will last to #48, right? Mazi is the pocket-pushing plug we need, and he’s shown more endurance despite asthma than Saika Aki, Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter ever have.

#55OA John Schmitz, C/G, Minnesota

Will be 24 in March, Brad doesn’t care, and we get our OG and Ragnow backup here. Holmbell rejoices!!

#81OA Carrington Valentine, CB, Kentucky

It’s a deep CB class, otherwise he’d be gone by this point in the draft. Check him out and pray that we get him this late in the draft. You’re welcome.

#152OA Mekhi Blackmon, CB, SoCal

Ignore him now, pimp him later.

#182OA Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford

Bargain Bin Amon-Ra

#193OA SirVocea Dennis, LB, Pitt

Brad mines another LB gem to lockdown NFL Executive of the Year by April 29 .

2 Likes

He is the one I’m watching with the first pick as I think the upside is there after looking at the circumstances of the last two years.

I brought up the back to back DB scenario in Day1 Day2 , similar to how we went DT in 2021 and DE in 2022.

Hadn’t thought of a scenario where we would go DT again like that.

Can’t say that I agree with it, even if were Jailin Carter at 6. I’d hope to go in a different direction day 2. Most likely CB again.

Possibly even TE Washington or WR Tillman Day 2 if we went DT , DB round 1
A guy like Tavai (yes exLion brother ) day 3 would be my preference then

Edit- I’m going to look into your Day 3 selections as I am not familiar with them. Always like the gems people find later on!

1 Like

Thanks @sofatso I needed a reason to leave work early and throwing up is a sure fire way to not have anyone have any questions.

2 Likes

Diarrhea is my go-to excuse because no one can ever question it.

1 Like

I do really like Branch and Schmitz though and they are frequently guys I find myself trying to grab in mocks if available. Not crazy about Mazi and don’t know enough about the others to have an even uninformed opinion on them.

Haha works every time!

Quick mock… Addresses everything except starting CB

The Office Thats GIF

if 6 and/or 48 work out that way, I’m gonna be SO happy.

I only know what I’ve been reading, but I think Carter could be amazing with this culture/coaching staff…
If holmes pulls off the best player in the draft 3 years in a row
Sewell
Hutch
Carter…Hooo-Leee-Schyiiiiit!!!

I really doubt it works out that way, I’d lose my shit if this happened… I am usually able to grab Jarrett Patterson @ 55, but he was off the board.

1 Like

Another quick one… This may be more accurate as to what their draft looks like if the players are available.

1. What the hell did I just watch?

2. How did you find that?

nathan fillion castle GIF

Just admit you enjoyed it… haha it cracked me up. It has 11 million views, not hard to find.

1 Like

These videos are classics. There’s a whole series of these.

These guys be hatin’ on me, or at least the first pick of my Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft 27.0. They disrespected it in every way possible except by vomiting… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Small trade down from #6 to #9 and #60 with Carolina

1. T Wilson- Big DE
  2. C Gonzalez- CB
  3. K Cancey- 3T
  4. John Michael Schmitz- RG/C
  5. Ji Ayir Brown- SS
  6. K. Benton- NT
  7. T Spears- RB
  8. DTR- Developmental QB
  9. Best swing OT project.

If Gonzo isn’t there, make it B branch and G Williams

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.