Predict Our 2022 Offensive Stats

I’m really curious to see how everyone sees this year playing out. With all these new faces I think nobody is going to have a crazy year in the WR room.

Jared Goff - 4,350 yards, 67%, 380 completions, 33 TDs 12 INTs

DeAndre Swift - 1,150 rushing yards, 5.1 YPC, 11 rushing TDs, 45 receptions, 450 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs

Jamaal Williams - 550 rushing yards, 4.3 YPC, 4 rushing TDs, 20 receptions, 150 receiving yards, no TDs

Between Goff, WR runs, and the backups I expect another 400 yards

St. Brown - 100 receptions, 950 yards, 6 TDs

Hockenson - 80 receptions, 800 yards, 9 TDs

DJ Chark - 50 receptions, 750 yards, 6 TDs

Jameson Williams - 40 receptions, 700 yards, 4 TDs

That leaves 6 TDs, 45 receptions, and 550 yards dispersed amongst the rest of the group.

Thaf’s like a 120 QB rating fir Goff. Not happening.

5 Likes

Care to explain why it wont?

I’d say double that. 200 catches for 1900 yards and 12 TD’s sounds about right for the Sun God!!

What about Jack Fox’s passing statistics!?

If Goff has 120 QB rating for the season, it would be the greatest season in Lions history and he’d be the best QB in the NFL next season. 120 is beyond elite. Rodgers led the NFL last season at 111 and won the MVP again. If Goff cracked 100, I’d be dancing in the streets.

2 Likes

nope bc all it is is wishful, blown up stats for each of our players…not doing it.

1 Like

3 Likes

St Brown had 90 catches for 900 yards and 5 TDs last year and he didn’t have a meaningful role until halfway through the season.

Hockenson had 60 catches for 600 yards and 4 TDs despite missing a 3rd of the season.

DJ Chark has 53 catches for over 700 yards and 5 TDs in only 13 games in 2020.

I also think Jameson’s projection is fairly modest. All three of the top WRs last year way out produced that. As did Jerry Jeudy who I’ve seen Williams compared to before.

I think Jared Goffs efficiency should improve. With the speed we have outside I expect more running room this year. Combine that with our O-Line and play action could be dangerous. That just so happens to be an area that Goff excels.

I think the only player I’m more optimistic then most is Swift. As I mentioned above, the speed at WR is going to leave a ton more room for Swift to run. 1,150 yards is a little under 70 YPG. That puts him at about 13 carries and 3 catches per game. Also a more productive offense means more chances in the red zone which should lead to a few more TDs for Swift. Biggest concern here is health.

2 Likes

The key will be health! Swift is a real weapon when he’s on the field.

Whoops. My bad. I did 380 for attempts at 67% completion. So obviously WAY more efficient. My apologies. Doing it again I get 100.48 which I can see as being possible.

Come on bro it’s the off-season. Anything is possible. Lol

Except for my “math” apparently :joy:

5 Likes

This would be great. I would like to see one of the receivers go over 1k and establish themselves as a number 1 if getting that many passing yards, but i agree that they’ll spread it out. Good numbers for Hock, but I still don’t know how I feel about 12 mill a year (well not true - I don’t feel great about).

Swift would be a superstar with those numbers. If he can stay healthy, this is actually not impossible. I wonder how much they will incorporate guys like Reynolds and Jefferson.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.