Predicting Lions' Breakout Offensive Players

1 Like

It’s gotta be Jamo…

3 Likes

If LaPorta replicates his rookie year numbers, I’m fine with that.

The other three all have significant room for growth as pass catchers. W/Jamo and Gibbs, it’s about performance. We’ve talked endlessly about Jamo. Jahmyr’s toughness and explosiveness as a runner overshadowed his flaws as a receiver.

I’m a HUGE Raymond fan. W/him it’s just about opportunity. Maybe the 2nd-fastest guy on the team, arguably the best hands on the team. With his size and his value as a punt returner - can anyone remember a bobble from him - I get the hesitation to feed him a lot offensively. But, dayum, what a weapon.

Let’s just hope they stay fairly healthy. If so, this season should be crazy-fun to watch.

2 Likes

It’ll be fun to watch Vaki catching passes out of the backfield.

3 Likes

It’ll be fun watching Vaki line up at fullback, then trot out to the slot.

3 Likes

if it isn’t jamo, we’re fukt

1 Like

The guy who whose number I would love to see get switched to 20 this year - Jahmyr Gibbs.

1 Like

Jahmyr Gibbs needs to change to 20

2 Likes

I never thought Ra would be able to duplicate his rookie numbers, but he did that and more. It wouldn’t surprise me if Sam eclipsed 1000 yards, bettering his rookie #'s.

2 Likes

Moooooooooooooooo @DaisyThe-cow57 gets trampled by Jah.

2 Likes

Mooooooooooo moooooooooooooooooooo
Mooooooooooo moooooooooooooooooooo moooooooooooooooooooo

Wouldn’t surprise me either.

AND we certainly hope to see a big jump from Jamo. AND there’s every reason to expect a decent jump from Jahmyr in receiving yards. AND, w/Reynolds gone, Raymond and/or DPJ will get more opps. AND we hear that the Lions want to lean into their running game even more.

We can’t expect EVERYONE on offense to get bigger totals than last year. The Lions were already 3rd in total offense w/6,700 yards. 7,000 yds would give them the most prolific offense of the 17-game era, along with 2022 KC. Unless you expect them to surpass even that, then if Jamo, Gibbs, and Raymond/DPJ step up their numbers, LaPorta and/or ARSB are the obvious possibilities to probably step back a little bit or stay about the same - even as the offense hopefully is even better.

In fact, as many of us have said, the thing that REALLY unlocks this offense is more from Jamo and Gibbs, in particular.

I doubt we’d be ■■■■■■… still got an elite rushing attack, Goff, LaPorta and St. Brown. But Jamo is for sure the key to unlock this offense to next level.

If Jamo breaks out we might have the best offense in the league.

2 Likes

league?

history baby, history

3 Likes

Aside from the obvious I’d like to see Sorsdal take a huge step forward.

1 Like

Yes sir…

Get Hyped Lets Go GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING