QB carousel predictions!

Each offseason I love trying to guess where all the musical chairs of QBs will land. Here’s my first guess about how this shakes out

Way too early QB carousel predictions

MIN-Cousins
DET-Goff
GB-Love
CHI-Fields

NYG-Jones
PHI-Hurts
WAS-Garappolo
DAL-Prescott

TB-Mayfield/Richardson
CAR-Darnold
NO-Tannehill
ATL-Jackson

LAR-Stafford
SEA-Smith
SF-Purdy/Lance
ARI-Murray/Brissett

JAX-Lawrence
TEN-Rodgers
IND-Levis
HOU-Stroud

BUF-Allen
NE-Jones
MIA-Tagovailoa
NYJ-Carr

LAC-Herbert
KC-Mahomes
DEN-R. Wilson
LV-Brady/Z. Wilson

PIT-Pickett
CIN-Burrow
BAL-Young
CLE-Watson

Thoughts:

1. It seems like there’s about 3 too few QBs for every team to get one they are happy with. And that’s with Brady and Rodgers not retiring.

2. ATL was very much in on Deshaun last year and if Lamar becomes available, I think they throw the 8th pick plus more for him.

3. Rodgers and Vrabel just seemed like a good match.

4. Brady reunited with McDaniels seems logical

5. Really didn’t know what to do with Carolina. They are in purgatory again. Too low to get a top guy without selling out. Maybe if they hire Ben Johnson he can get more out of Darnold?

6. Baltimore would have 8 and 23. Bears could take that plus a 1 next year for the first pick and Baltimore gets Bryce Young. A nice solution to an odd situation with Lamar.

7. Carr to NYJ seems like it could work. They could also trade Zach Wilson to the Raiders and see if some time with TB12 could help him develop.

Top 6 Draft projection bonus:

1. Baltimore-Bryce Young
  2. Houston-CJ Stroud
  3. Arizona-Will Anderson
  4. Indianapolis-Will Levis
  5. Seattle-Jalen Carter
  6. Detroit-Brian Bresee
2 Likes

I think the Packers would have to trade Rogers after June 1 to not take an absurd dead cap penalty

This is an interesting thought exercise. Thank you for posting it.

This is brilliant. Lamar would be a continuation of how the Falcons are running their current offense and Arthur Blank is the kind of owner that will fork out the guaranteed money that Jackson is asking for. Lamar is also a good fit for that city and culture, and will put butts in the seats.

I think Brady is done with “the Patriot Way.” I think he considers getting away from it one of the best things he’s done for himself in recent years. When Brady chose the Bucs it was a sneaky good move because they were a good team that was a QB away from competing. Throwing out another team that fits that profile…the Miami Dolphins.

Sam Darnold is a free agent and doesn’t have the respect of the locker room. One interesting angle for the Panthers is if a new coach wants to work with Matt Corral. The Panthers owner is really rich, really involved and really aggressive. He might be a candidate for a Lamar Jackson move.

Another brilliant assessment. I can definitely see Carr to the Jets. Robert Saleh has experience with Derek’s brother as well.

3 Likes

Omg!
Match made in football heaven!
But, they can’t afford him. Nobody can. Green Bay is stuck unless he takes a pay cut, or retires.
Not likely. Erin is the best in the league and damn well better be paid like it. That and a bag of blocking dummies will get you zero playoff wins in 4 years.
I hope other QB’s see the differences between the GOAT and the “Best”.

1 Like

Packers would take a big hit, but they structured the deal so it would be manageable. They knew a trade was a possibility when they signed him last year.

MIN-Cousins
DET-Goff
GB-Love
CHI-Fields

NYG-Jones
PHI-Hurts
WAS- Jameis/Strong
DAL-Prescott

TB- Tannehill/Trask
CAR-Darnold/Levis
NO-Rodgers
ATL-Ridder

LAR-Stafford
SEA-Smith/Richardson
SF-Purdy/Lance
ARI-Murray/Baker

JAX-Lawrence
TEN-Carr
IND-Stroud/Hainecke
HOU-Young

BUF-Allen
NE-Jones
MIA-Tagovailoa/Wentz
NYJ-Brady

LAC-Herbert
KC-Mahomes
DEN-R. Wilson
LV-Jimmy G

PIT-Pickett
CIN-Burrow
BAL-Lamar
CLE-Watson

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.