QB in the 23 draft

Continuing the discussion from Detroit Lions QB Jared Goff Is Joe Cool in December!:

look, no rookie QB is going to land here and beat Goff out . noooo Jared is not Elite, but I’ll tell you that man is good enough to win it all here !!! A rook will take a season plus to flourish IF HE DOES, drafting a 1st-pick QB promises you nothing . and we have no IDEA how long it could take to get QB X to rank top 5 , netting better than 4,000 yards and better than 27 TD’s in A season …(IF) He ever does. BUT* your going to pay him like Erin , because we drafted him #1 OA. My stance is we can go far with Jared UNLESS he becomes too injured or too old to be our starter in 2023.

3 Likes

LOOK, obviously you didn’t pick up the dripping sarcasm that post had. I can’t help your intelligence, sorry

2 Likes

I know since we lost The Sarcasm Emmo, I don’t catch many dudes being sarcastic or cracking jokes.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, it won’t matter who the QBs are, cuz we’re picking 27th or 28th next year.

1 Like

@maggie.m

hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE

32nd sounds better

2 Likes

Sure. The thing is, this staff is in it for the long haul. They’re thinking way ahead of next year, the year after, 2025,26, etc. 2023 and 24 are just stepping stones.

2 Likes

Alex smith had more than 4k and 27 tds. Yet andy Reid saw his limitations… and pat mahomes potential and went for it. No risk it no biscuit.

1 Like

Gonna mostly depend on who is playing DT.
For that plane to land in the hanger, we’ll need that, RB, an RG to line up…as well as a ball hawking CB & a S that can at minimum provide depth and run support. Then one bad MF’r of a LB.

Can iffy step up?
I think our nickel guy will be a heavy nickel, with the way we use our DL, as he will be a big deal in run support. So maybe an undersize LB? Oversize S? (for the nickel position).

Can Barnes step up?

How they feel about those fellas will determine how they draft, as well as how well we do next season.

2 Likes

KC also had a stacked team before McHolmes. The team was 12-4 11-5 9-7 and 11-5 the 4 years prior to McHolmes and had been to back to back playoff appearances.

Why can’t we wait to see what happens next year and 24 before making and decisions? I mean the offense has been humming and with a healthy rb would be top 5 the next couple years. Continue to build the defense and see

4 Likes

Reid pulled the same thing MCDC and Holmes did with Jamo. They believe in thier evaluation

Reid knew what Mahomes would and could become. If our leadership goes this same route then I’m all in

But if they don’t; accept that fact there is a reason.

I have no clue if they draft a QB this next draft. I trust them either way

2 Likes

100%
:muscle::sunglasses:

1 Like

Our staff may be looking ahead, but they better be paying attention to now, second, I don’t see 2023 as some “stepping stone” 2023 is The 3rd season in/of The Rebuild and should be a razor’s edge to a completed team in our staff’s vision of what The Detroit Lions are supposed to be in their eyes. I get tired of" 2024 is going to be the year…No 2025 is…maybe 2026." pushing it further away , we can be positive/hopeful , but FAK every damn year it’s “this is the year !” you know what season I thought we were going !? 2022.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.