QB question for the draft

I just think Bennett has been underrated for some time and most of the stuff made up about him, like his super weak arm, has been bunk. It’s because Georgia treated him like that first and so everyone assumed they were right. But they were just a bunch of big dummies it turns out.

1 Like

He also seems like the kind of asshole that will take pride in his scout team assignments and lighting up the defense. Here’s DeMeco Ryans on Brock Purdy’s role in shaping the 49ers defense:

“Brock, he’s been great at giving us looks all year. I think he’s part of the reason our guys have played really well, because he is challenging,” 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans said Thursday of San Francisco’s former scout-team quarterback. "He’s not just out there just throwing picks to our guys. He’s trying to actually fit the ball in and challenging our guys to really break on the ball and make plays.

“Brock has done that all year. He’s not just out there just making it easy on the defense. I’m happy where we are defensively, because of Brock. He’s helped us out all year.”

1 Like

Bennett is a few months older than Hendon Hooker…

Bennett is a little taller than Bryce Young, and has well above average hands…

Bennett had 4,300 yards and 37 TDs this year, and 3,100 yards and 30 TDs last year… His completion percentage of 68% and YPA of over “9” in the SEC are amazing…

He threw at 59 MPH (same as Levis), ran faster than Mahomes or Burrow, showed he would run based on his 10 TDs rushing this year, and then… There are the back to back Natty’s…

• He fits the come in and grind out wins as a backup mold in the NFL… He’s got some Flutie vibe to him…
2 Likes

He excites me a hell of a lot more than Tanner McKee that’s for sure. The thing that scares me about that is Brad seems to like big crappy QBs.

The combine isn’t suppose to move the needle, and generally it shouldn’t and Stetson Bennett is no exception. If you watched him throw up a couple of national championships while being chased and throwing against future NFL players and had him ranked as basically undraftable, well just what in the hell do you want? He doesn’t have anything left to prove.

I think Sudfeld was just a situation where he grabbed what was available because he had to. He backed himself into a wall and got caught with his pants down (which he has explained). He kept Blough, brought in Boyle and brought in Dobbs. Blough and Dobbs certainly were not “big crappy QBs.” Although a case can be made that Blough is a small crappy QB. Tim Boyle was tall but he also had wheels.

1 Like

I think Blough was inherited from Quinn was he not? And Boyle was pretty big, 6’4" 234 is big. He seems to like big QBs. I don’t consider that even remotely important which is why I like guys like Bryce and Bennett.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

He kept Blough. As Brad likes to say, making moves to keep a guy can say as much as going out and getting a guy. Rather than immediately get rid of the short and scrappy Blough, he kept him on board as a part of the QB room. Boyle is tall, that is correct. He is 6’-3.5" which is about what Josh Dobbs is. Boyle is a decent athlete for a QB. He has the same 40 time as Josh Allen.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.