QB Ratings….. Truck vs Trailer

So now we just need to debate whether Goff is a thong or a vibrator

1 Like

Also @Thats2 thanks for the lively discussion and keeping it to the arguments presented. As much as I dislike the analogy and wanted to dissect it, I always appreciate your posts and insight in general

If posters are vehicles you’re a Honda Passport in my book. And that’s a good thing. I think

1 Like

:+1:

It’s always a fun discussion, and if we all agreed this place would get boring af real quick.

2 Likes

Just want to illustrate this point…

because the Rams had $44.7 million in cap charges for Goff & Stafford in 2021…. which definitely lands above that 18% threshold.

1 Like

This is why I called for a little bit of intellectual honesty out of people when discussinig QB cap %. The Lions ate dead money for Stafford…but the Rams ate dad money for Goff. The total was around 23% for the Rams.

I’d say there was a bus involved along the way that the media quickly threw people under to protect the golden boy from blame.

There were enough people who have already said they’d take Allen over Burrow to make me doubt any results we’d see from it.

When playing against the 2022 Lions and needing a play…just find #25. That’s what Allen did. Goff doesn’t have the option of looking for Will Harris for easy game winners.

Burrow just beat the Bills in the same situation. But somehow people still would take Allen over Burrow. I guess they want the higher draft pick?

3 Likes

And how many of these exploded contracts are teams happy with after the fact? Sounds like aside from Mahomes and maybe Josh Allen…they are all awful.

good point and question.

Are the teams filling seats, making money and increasing the value of the asset(team) ie their pockets, if yes, then they are probably ok with it.

2 Likes

Kurt Warner- truck or trailer? He won a ring, and made another run…. But do we deduct points for playing with Holt, Bruce, Faulk, hakim and Proehl? He’s pretty for a guy with 65% completion and 208 TDs to 128 ints…. That’s a pretty bad ratio?

Brad Johnson- truck or trailer? Pretty obvious

Trent Dilfer- truck or trailer? Next…

Carson Wentz? Wait he didn’t win one, but Foles did…. Foles- Truck or trailer? Weird when Foles gets brought up Wentz gets the credit for getting them there, but then Wentz is surely a trailer too so….?

Big Ben- truck or trailer? He’s gotta be a truck… he’s got “2 rings!” Do we ignore that he had 17 tds each year they won it? How about the 60.5 rating and 1 total td in the entire post season- “he must have towed them to victory!” Anyone care that he threw 22 or less tds in half his nfl seasons? But wait he threw that one pass to Holmes…

Eli Manning- truck or trailer? I mean he had that pass to Tyree, and that win in Lambeau right? Truck? I guess if we ignore he had a 73.9 rating the first season “THEY WON HIM” a ring. He tried to make sure they missed the playoffs by throwing a league leading 20 ints…. What about the second run? How about 61% and 29 tds with 16 ints? GOTTA BE A TRAILER WITH THOSE NUMBERS- some think Goff is a truck…. Maybe Eli is a truck because of his legs? He did average 33 yards PER YEAR! Career rating was 84…. Career best year was “93.6!!!”

—-Wait that is already 8 trailer rings subjectively- I’m not calling Warner, Ben or Eli bad QBs…. But they sure had supporting cast, and the latter 2 played like shit half their careers….

Flacco- truck or trailer? What about that historic playoff he had? Yeah- but did anyone expect him to get there? He never sniffed 3,900 yards, never threw 26 tds, had a shitty TD/INT ratio, many sub 60% completions seasons, and he had 4 or 5 seasons under 89.9 rating!!! Even his SB year was 87….

Peyton Manning- truck or trailer? He sure was a truck for ring #1… but #2??? His 9 tds vs 17 ints and 67 rating must be how they won it all right? His 75 rating in 3 playoff games wasn’t much better. 539 yards in 3 games? Sub 60% completions and sub 5.9 ypa? Wow!!!

Tom Brady- truck or trailer? Blasphemy right?

SB#1- 87 rating Reg …. 77 rtg and “1” td playoffs!
SB#2- 83 rating Reg… bad td/int- 84 rtg playoffs!
SB#3- 92 rating reg- 28/14 td ratio- great playoffs!

2005- 2013- all ratings between 49-96 in the playoffs, only 2 seasons plus 90!

Many QBs with 75-92 ratings and sub 30 TDs… have won rings- half the last 22

1 Like

You are big fan of comparing stats of QBs that played 10, 15, even 20 years ago. You do realize that even average QBs today put up “gawdy” numbers in comparison to guys even just 10 years ago. Wonder why that is…oh yeah the game is not the same.

You use the statistical argument way too much. Compare if you want to, but i promise that those that know better aren’t listening.

2 Likes

Fixed for all sides and what makes this place go round and round and round!

Season 2 Usa GIF

1 Like

We entered the “you don’t need a great QB” territory they even want to give him $40 mill a year for not being great. I mean Josh Allen pffft. Put Jared Goff on the Bills this year and its the same record.

No we’ve entered you need a top 10 defense… a consistent QB…. A good OL…. And decent weapons-

So in essence you need a great HC and staff, and a helluva GM!

The difference between 18 and 19’ Brady? Supporting cast! The difference between 21 and 22’ Stafford? Supporting cast.

As a fan you guys are allowed to prefer watching the style of Lamar or Josh Allen over a guy like Goff or Brees…

We just assume Ra is a stud…. We are giving props to Reynolds and Raymond…. That’s a lot of production from a young 4th rounder and 2 guys nobody wanted. A ton!!!

• for some reason there seems to be a lot of excuses regarding what these supposed “force multipliers” are missing to be truly successful-

Allen almost lost at home to miamis 3rd stringer, then got trucked by Cincy.

1 Like

Hey that’s cute listing off those QB’s , you think Schaub , Tanny , Carr, Wentz, Cousins, are coming here or some shit?

1 Like

Take a look at how Peyton performed during his 1st Super Bowl winning run. Its not what people envision when they think of Peyton Manning.

I’m very well aware.

The fact is a literal corpse won the second one… 9 tds and 17 picks? Really-

I’m not advocating Goff is in a league with prime Peyton, far from it….

Prime Peyton, Luck, Burrow, and Lawrence- those are the 4…. NO SHIT QB PICKS IN 25 YEARS- plenty’s of SBs have been won without them. In fact only 2 were won by them!

To watch Ben, Eli, or Flacco play throughout their careers and have 1-2 truly elite seasons between them out of nearly 50 years… yet have 5 rings tells you Goff is definitely CAPABLE of wining one

1 Like

Nope. And that wasn’t my point.

what was your point?

That stats don’t tell the whole story. You posted Goff’s stats, I posted the very similar stats of other guys that most people on here don’t think are any good. So if Goff is good because of the stats you quoted, are those other guys?

1 Like

The Bills would be picking top 5

Their entire offense is “Josh do something”

Allen is AWESOME…these guys are nutty

1 Like