QB Translator

Final one (mine):

Jared Goff was acquired to be the starter in 2021 and Boyle & Blough are fighting for No. 2 with Blough in the lead at the break.

Since they are mentioned in the same article…
…I believe it was James Jones on NFL Network yesterday who was talking about the need to start Fields if he looks like the better player. He remembered when Dennis Allen with the Raiders was saying to everyone that Matt Schaub was his starter and not Derek Carr. But then Carr looked way better in practice, etc. So the players started talking about how Derek should be the starter, not Schaub. He said there were rumblings all around the locker room about it and that kind of stuff gets to the assistant coaches and then it makes its way to the head coach. Allen ended up declaring Carr the starter.

This makes me think of how many media figures make the claim that the Chiefs were smart to sit Mahomes for his rookie… even though there is no way to actually know for sure if that was helpful at all. He may have learned even more if he was on the field getting experience.

And… then there is the fact that the Chiefs lost a HOME playoff game with Mahomes on the bench… to Marcus Mariota and the Titans.

Alex Smith went 4 for 10 for about 34 yards… and managed to get 3 first downs… in the 2nd half of the game. Chiefs led 21-3 at halftime… and lost because their offense couldn’t do anything in the 2nd half. Smith threw about 5 balls more than 12 yards past the LOS all game… and completed only 2 passes that traveled 12 yards past the LOS… while Mahomes and his cannon right arm sat on the bench.

I really expected Dalton to resurrect his career in Dallas last year and when he didn’t I thought it was obvious that he was done.

If Dalton can’t play well with all the weapons Dallas had he’s really going to struggle in CHI. Personally I think Foles is a better option then Dalton.

Fields however is probably best off (long term) sitting and learning for a session. I think it would be unwise to force him into action too early. But he’s their best chance to win now. So I suspect he gets the opportunity to start sooner than later.

I have to wonder if Tribusky can resurrect his career in Buffalo. Probably not …. lol