Quay Walker push

Again I said I would understand a suspension but don’t think it’s necessary.

Walker knows as does everyone in the GB locker room that his actions directly led to there season ending. Do you not think that that scrutiny is enough for a kid?

Is it that or is it a kid being under a huge amount of pressure in the biggest moment of his life?

He should have gotten that the first time he was ejected, though. Feeling bad about yourself for a bit doesn’t have quite the same effect as escalating consequences.

3 Likes

Thats his 2nd ejection, so I’m not sure he is learning his lesson without punishment.

4 Likes

Did you read the tweet? I think it’s evident that he does get it but got caught up in a high pressure situation with alot on the line. Just my 2 pennoes

1 Like

Great, suspend him too!

We should always forgive people for being young and mentally unstable. They are just kids!

3 Likes

I disagree…I think having to face the guys you let down on a daily basis will do more for his personal growth then a suspension will.

This isn’t a Burfict thing where he has been doing it for years…it was two incidents in his rookie year. I think he has alot of growing up to do and think he can do that with the suspension.

I think the second jackass who postured like a tough guy deserves it more than Walker does.

Come on that’s a bit of a stretch! He is a kid and he has some growing to do…he seemed sincere and authentic in his apology so I am satisfied with that.

You do you tho

1 Like

Perfect POINT!!!
Take it to an extreme and the POINT is easily made. I go to prison for beating the shit out of someone then get out and do it again but I say “I AM SINCERELY SORRY”, so that makes it ok? Oh, maybe if I was just a young kid, then it would be OK? Wrong is wrong! Doing it twice shows he really didn’t learn from the first time and stupidity is no excuse. He needs a suspension.

3 Likes

What Reed did should get him 6 games. It was intentional and unprofessional. I wonder how he would feel if someone Jerry Ball ed him. One guy stand him up another take his knee out. He would be screaming bloody murder. Hit someone hard…that is part of the game. Purposely injuring someone needs to be eliminated from the game. It is brutal enough as it is without adding these types of hits.

I thought blow to the head our neck would be called and could lead to a disqualification if deemed intentional.

2 Likes

Here are some comments from reddit that didn’t age well. These were after the last time he did it.

It’s not a perfect point…your comparing apples to bananas. Your taking an act that is so egregious that the court system has sent you to jail for a period of incarceration to a shove.

I must applaud the members of this board because it would appear that no one here has ever made the same mistake twice…and one of those times in the biggest most intense periods of there lives. Good for you guys…I am not perfect, so guess I am okay with giving the kid one more chance

3 Likes

Do we really have people comparing a kid giving an athletic trainer a shove to murder?

This board sometimes… Just another thread I have to put on mute.

2 Likes

They’re both idiots but I didn’t think the push was egregious enough to warrant a suspension next year.

2 Likes

I can use the same logic and call out every poster who wanted Dan fired, wanted Goff traded, thought we should have drafted Ribs over Hutch.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Honest question…when you read the apology tweet where is he placing the blame? And did he address who he should have addressed?

He had no one forcing him to post that. Do you not see a kid who got caught up in a moment?

1 Like

Its not about whether people have made the same mistake twice. Its telling people they have to excuse it “because he’s just a kid.” We don’t have to excuse a damn thing.

2 Likes

Where did I say you “have to excuse it”? I said I don’t think there is a need for a suspension or for people to pile onto the kid.

You are free to whatever you want

Is he a kid because he is 22?

Because he can vote, drink, smoke dope, kill people for his country, sign a contract and collect NIL $$$.

I have a stepdaughter that age and twin niece end nephews that age. They are not “kids”…they are young adults and are treated as such. Its great to have them at this age for a variety of reasons.

But if they really screw up, they get real life adult consequences. Telling them they are just kids is doing them a disservice as it relieves them of the responsibility for their poor decision making.

Tell the court he’s just a kid if he runs someone over with a car. See how that goes.

Its clear that young MAN has emotional issues, though to be fair, he is immersed in a job and a culture of aggression inside football and possibly outside of football. It’s not surprising some of them can’t control their behavior, and for that, he needs help, and consequences.

Reed needs to be suspended as well, for sure. That is some full on intentional bullshit trying to hurt a defenseless player and I imagine next year he is gonna get a combo block that borders on legal. To me, his play is wirse as it was intentional and injurious, while Walker’s looked reactionary, nonwithstanding how stupid and unacceptable it was.

This kid shit in the context of assigning behavior to anything other than personal responsibility is stupid though.

8 Likes
  1. The forearm to the helmet was a penalty. PERIOD! 15 yards unnecessary roughness. #90 Reed should be served a fine and maybe even a suspension. This was not a football play, he was trying to hurt Swift. If Reed gets no punishment, the NFL looks like a joke following the Damar Hamlin near death a week before.

2. Q. Walker should get a fine and a suspension. There is ZERO excuse to put your hands on a medical trainer trying to access an injured player.

3. Wyatt ‘chest bumped’ the medical trainer immediately following Walker’s shove. It’s clear as day! The video evidence is right there for the NFL eyes to see. Wyatt moves with intention to make contact, this was no accidental bump.

NFL should fine all three and seriously consider a suspension for all three (maybe 1 game - miss 2023 opener?)

It was an ugly scene, especially with an injured Swift dazed on the field.

Link to full play

3 Likes

Fines may be given for pushing the trainer.

Suspension should be in play for the forearm.

1 Like