Question about J Okudah

Nice dig! I wasn’t about to go dig on Instagram lol

Luckily, he doesn’t post very often, literally took 2 minutes. Any longer than 5 and I would’ve given up lol

1 Like

Exposin’ truths! Just like that! Haha, still, nice work. Just takes some awareness of the resources to get the job done.

Deion Sanders would absolutely be worth the third pick. He went fifth of course but that was in a draft with Aikman, Barry and DT.

Okudah clearly is not Deion of course.

1 Like

I am of the belief that when drafting in the top 5 you best find the biggest difference maker that you can find. Is Okudah that guy?

Personally I do not believe any CB can impact the game enough to warrant a top 3 selection. At 5 it’s debatable in my opinion and he best be a stud of a CB to warrant that high of a pick. However this draft lacks true studs on defense and I doubt we take an OT … so CB might just be the best player at a position of need. Unless Young falls to us

I firmly believe we should trade down twice at take someone like Kinlaw or Chaisson. Or possibly even a WR.

I like Okudah in a trade down only.

Depending on how the OTs grade out for them, they are a better investment than a CB at the top of the draft based on how many are available in FA year to year. So I would not begrudge an OT selection.

However, if they are simply looking to solidify their gigs Okudah could be the pick. If so, hopefully he outperforms his slot.

Precious few stud OTs are available after they are drafted. Food for thought.

1 Like

Another point is, if you can’t stop the run or rush the passer, how much of an impact is a CB? If I’m the opposing offensive coordinator, I run outside because our ends blow chunks, and then I run up the middle, because our interior DL sucks, then I throw to tight ends across the middle, because our linebackers blow, then I run slants… Every now and then, I take a shot deep.

Bottom line, the front 7 is the worst in the NFL bar none. Adding a solid, but not great CB really doesn’t help this team very much. We actually had one in Slay and he bailed and we got a welfare version of him in return.