Rams tough schedule… better bean?

Yep, same here. All that beanzzz obsession and frustration with getting #32 and the Lions still turned it into the most dynamic player in the draft.

I expect Holmes to weaponize that pick again and go get a QB/LB whatever if need be so win the SB again for all we care L.A. because… In Holmes We Trust?

1 Like

I’m happy with the Lions draft for sure… but I am a little surprised that some of the people who REALLY wanted a LB early in the draft aren’t lamenting the fact that Dean, Muma, Tindall, Christian Harris, Chenal, and Asamoah were ALL still available at #66.

I am 100% happy they moved up for Jameson…

just pointing out that if the Rams had struggled mightily… the Lions would have an extra player to be excited about this year.

2 Likes

I’ve been very vocal about my concerns about the linebackers in the offseason. But, the best way to help linebackers is a stout D-line. And by adding Paschal and Hutch, to pair with the Harris, Alim, Levi, Brockers and the Okwara bros, Holmes is trying to build a dominating D-line. Will it work? Who the heck knows. But, I can understand the strategy. Linebacker has really become a devalued position around the league, kinda like running back.

The Rodriquez kid we drafted in the 6th round is intriguing. Barnes is the real wildcard to me. If he turns out to be the guy that Holmes and MC/DC thought he was, that would be huge. The reaction when they traded up to get Barnes last year in the war room, they were fired up about him.

2 Likes

There’s no way the Rams would have struggled enough for the pick to be in Jameson range outside of a long term Stafford injury. The best we were realistically looking at was in the 23-25 range. One can argue that they wouldn’t have had to give up as much to trade up had the pick been in the 20s but the difference is negligible at the end of the day.

1 Like

Vikings won 8 games. Rams won 12 games.

The Rams won 4 games by 1 score or less.

3 of those 4 games happened after Robert Woods tore his ACL.

OBJ forced his way out of Cleveland and joined Rams in the same week.
OBJ scored a TD in each of those 3 wins.

Von Miller was traded to Rams a week before Woods went down.
The Broncos ate $9 million of salary to make the deal fit under the salary cap.
Von had 3 sacks in those same 3 wins.

It took 2 significant transactions in the middle of the season to make the Rams Super Bowl contenders.
They could have been a 9 win team without Von and OBJ.

3 Likes

let the speculation begin……

2 Likes

If Stafford goes down, they’ll be a 5 win team, this year. Their schedule is brutal. If that elbow thing is more serious than they’re letting on…
He’s had months to heal, and it’s still bugging him. Not a great sign for Rams fans.

Hope he gets better and wins every game they don’t play us.
That schedule will likely cause them to have fewer regular season wins, but I think they are a slam dunk to make playoffs, and in the playoffs they will do well (push our bean down).
I think the Rams are the favorite to win that division.
With health they should be approximately as good as they were last year.
Aging at DB and DL?
Better at WR?
Possible slide backward at OL?
Slightly better at RB?
Slightly worse at DB (age of Ramsey)?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.