Rank the Lions' losing coaches in recent history

Gym Shorts
-Lots of space-
Mooch
-Lots of space-
Take the Wind
Pad Level
Shitebag McDickstick

Mooch was borderline stealing a paycheck on cruise control.

Angry Jim wasn’t quite there yet, HC wise and he almost made it, and likely will get another shot if he wants it.

Marty, well, when you look up the word Buffoon in Wikipedia it redirects to his bio.

Rod is a nice man. Rod is a good man. Rod is a good D coach. Rod had a all time terrible roster. Rod really shouldn’t have been hired.

I’m gonna blame Quinn for Patricia mostly. Quinn actually was the bigger problem. Not that Hefty Hitler wasn’t the problem, he was. Just Quinn was a bigger one.

Well, IDK. That really was one gigantic debacle, these last 3 years. What a giant flaming trashpile…and it’s gonna be 2023 before they get back to where Stoneface Jim had em.

Either kill us all or pay us all for this 3 years of experimental torture, Sheila. Oh, and kick Rod in the face for me while you are at your tennis match or non-profit NGO backslapping sessions.

2 Likes

He had some good defenses in Dallas after leaving Detroit

I wouldn’t let Rod off the hook on that one. We had very little talent on the team and yet Rod STILL managed to ship some of it out due to “attitude” issues. Rod’s obsession with attitude over size and ability is what led to the undermanned 2008 defense.

3 Likes

Since three of these are Millen’s coaches, I guess that makes him the worst GM of all time…lol

1 Like

I will never for the life of me understand how Steve Mariucci didn’t work out here.

Was what he did in San Francisco an illusion?

Did he not want to come to his home state and work his ass off to make it successful and have statues built to him outside the stadium?

That one was crushing, because I thought it was too perfect.

3 Likes

He wasn’t the right man to build a ragtag bunch in a dysfunctional organization up from scratch. He had a team and an organization that was kind of running on auto pilot back with the 49ers. Even when young guys came in they had some guidance and structure within the organization to rely on. We didn’t have that here and Mooch didn’t force it to happen.

1 Like

Never forget - Marinelli brought-in his brother-in-law as Defensive Coordinator.

Check that - son-in-law.

1 Like