Ji’Ayir Brown 4.59
Trey Dean III 4.78
Ronnie Hickman no ras found
Jammie Robinson 4.89
Rashad Torrence II 3.29
Jay Ward 8.02
DeMarco Hellams 6.08
Anthony Johnson jr 9.11

Finally, you make your way to a couple of guys so far down the list you need binoculars to see them

Daniel Scott 9.87 He had 85 tackles last year, 57 solo as well as 2 FF, 3 int’s, and 4 PD for Cal.
He’ll be 25 this season. His play has been described as “out of control” but he had 20 solo tackles in his last 2 games. Ranked as an UDFA, absolutely worth a look.

Kaevon Merriweather 6.62 had a solid season at IOWA this season including 3 int’s, 3 PD and 36 solo tackles. When I first saw his RAS I was disappointed, but look at that list, He scores higher than how many of those guys and also had a QB rating when targeted of 24.2, higher than ANY of those guys.

A position of need, yep. If either one of these guys go undrafted, well, get on it.

Wow those are some terrible numbers for guys that I thought would grade well.

1 Like

Sydney Brown has a little Bob Sanders and some honey badger to his game.

I really want him and Sam LePorta with 55 and 82… i think both will be stars

3 Likes

Yep, I was really taken back and then thought it made Merriweathers numbers seem, well, decent.

1 Like

Good info thanks for that. How did Howden do from Minnesota U

Them Illinois boys man… if we are going to route of reuniting college teammates then I’m totally cool with Sydney Brown or J. Martin

Our 2 Targets Day 2 should be these guys and they scored just fine

1 Like

I don’t think either will be available at 82. It’s a weak safety class so he’ll probably be picked in the second round. Laporta might be the best all around TE in the draft so I expect him to be gone middle of the second round.

1 Like

Last season I believe there was only 1 safety in the top 6 with an RAS of under 9.

1 Like

Im hoping LePorta gets lost in the TE Shuffle and drops… hoping. Id love to end up with 1 more 2nd… take home LePorta, Brown, and Benton… end the 2nd round curse with 3 starters…

1 Like

Anthony Johnson Jr, too. 9.11

I’m also a big fan of Benton

1 Like

Just reading scouting reports… sounds like Brown isnt a very good tackler. That doesnt sound like Sanders to me.

There’s a reason he was 3rd team B1G last season.

I’m not sure if this is in support of or against him. Like, is he 3rd team because he’s not good enough to be 1st or 2nd or is he 3rd, so he’s better than most. lol.

1 Like

His team mate, Kerby Joseph, was first team. Great pick. For me, I would pass on Brown, just don’t see his game being a great transition to the pro’s.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of Merriweather on day 3. He, Brandon Joseph (4.2 RAS) and Jason Taylor (9.17 RAS) are all guys I’d love to come out of day 3 with.

Solid player. Not sure how far he’ll drop.

Boise State’s pro day isn’t until 4/14 so we’ll see Skinner run the 40. He’s got the size. Not sure how fast he’ll run the 40.

1 Like

what was Howden RAS? and has memphis kid had a pro day yet?

J. Martin should be a good one, he was the Brian Branch of their defense

He had great testing numbers. Like I said in that other thread though I think he’s a bit superfluous with Kerby. We definitely don’t want him coming down into the box.

1 Like

We get him round 6 then it might be Bye Bye Iffy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.