Rats jumping sinking ship? Rams lose OC to Ky Wildcsts

3 Likes

Meh, mcvay is pretty much the oc anyway.

2 Likes

Bean count–glass half empty vs glass half full

They have comeback baker now

1 Like

This has been a consistent theme. Mcvay wants things his way and will learn what he can from new coaches but few last more than 2 years with him. At the end of the day he always seems to have prepared teams no matter the coordinators.

I’ll be curious how Dan does after Johnson leaves and if Glenn moves on after the season. it seems like it takes Campbell 1/3rd of a season to figure out a problem coach based on the last 2 years. That seems too long if the lions want to win out of the gate and not be in a hole.

As to baker, I don’t think he is a great or sustainable QB, but he is a gamer and there are few QBs I’d rather have on 2 days notice like he had with the rams. Zach Wilson is another that could be good in a pinch with no time. Heck even mark Sanchez was at his best on a brand new team. That’s because those guys are better just finding a pass to make but not running a system.

It’s the rare circumstance I’d pick those 3 QBs over Goff. I’ve got a week to get a guy ready with a brand new team. Give me baker.

2 Likes

Rat jumping ship, or, wisely reading the tea leaves knowing McVays history of scapegoating?

2 Likes

Caldwell kept Lombardi the full season, and, he kept Cooter the rest of his gig.
At least Dan fixes the problem once it’s identified.
Patricia never identified a problem.
2 cents

3 Likes

Rams are constantly losing coordinators every year. I’m amazed they stayed competitive for so long.

1 Like

I disagree. I find it remarkable that he’s making these adjustments in-season as rapidly as he is. I’ve just seen too often in too many places where the HC has “their guy” and are loyal to their own peril.

And even when the need to move on is greater than their loyalty to the coach, most HCs will wait until the end of the season.

1 Like

History of scapegoating?? :thinking:

Didn’t Caldwell fire Lombardi during the 2015 season and Cooter took over??

Didn’t he come from UK?

2 Likes