RB Draft Class of 2020

I have Swift, Taylor tops on my list.
:rofl:

I like JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor , & Travis Etienne.

Dobbins is a boss. Great player

1 Like

Yeah. Dobbins is good too. I think I like Swift the best though. Watching Swift block today was impressive.

I definitely donā€™t think Swift is the best runner in the class. I donā€™t even think heā€™s in the top five to be honest. Really good all around back though and certainly a guy that can help us a lot.

1 Like

I kinda agree with Iggy on this. Kerryon was a reach for an injury prone guy with no speed to hit the edge. Heā€™s a solid #2 or #3 RB at best when he is healthy.

The Lions really should draft a RB in the first round this year. Imagine Stafford with Cook as his RB and what this offense could be!

Iā€™ve been saying it for years, they have wasted his career not having a run game. Itā€™s fucking football malpractice. SMH

This is spot on . I loved Mixon & Cook but the talent I guess did not off set the off field incidentsā€¦both have been Choir Boys off the field with no negative press. They were both worth the risk. It was criminal to come away with squat that draft when we were so horrible at RB. I really feel this was done to ensure Caldwellā€™s demise and bring in Patricia . We lost games in 2017 that would have been won had we had a Cook or Mixon leading to another postseason game and Caldwell being harder to let go .

I was fine with Cookā€™s off the field stuff. He had some hood tendencies I guess but Jimbo
Fisher swore by him and that he was a good teammate with great football character.

Mixon on the other hand, no thanks. Donā€™t want women punchers on my team.

1 Like

I watch Hubbard every week as an OSU grad, and I agree his style is a little bit unlike anything Iā€™ve ever seen before. He was also a borderline Olympic-level sprinter in Canada and you can see it in all his long runs, even though heā€™s so smooth he hardly looks to be running fast.

I will say I think heā€™s best suited to a one-cut and go ZBS like Minny runs or the Broncos/Texans used to (my comp for him is a fast Arian Foster). He doesnā€™t have any jukes and isnā€™t going to make something out of nothing very often. What he will do is slip through the tiniest crease to take it to the house. And heā€™s tough as nails too, OSU hands it to him over and over and over.

I never quite understood how big of a deal teams made of Cookā€™s ā€œoff the fieldā€ stuff. Its like it was a relatively minor thing that many players have easily overcome, and the narrative just kind of took on a life of its own. Congrats to the Vikings for not buying into the BS.

Iā€™ve only seen highlights, I havenā€™t done much of an actual film study on him yet.

Yeah, I was curious on your take BC I knew you were an alum. Sorry to hear about Wallace, btw. Love watching that guy as well.

Yeah that one hurt, especially considering similar injuries ended his twin brotherā€™s career. Maybe it means he stick around for another year though. Still Iā€™m on the players side on these things and generally believe they should go pro as soon as possible. Hubbard would be foolish to stick around after the way Gundyā€™s run him into the ground

Kenyon Drake 110 yds 1 td,what did Quinn miss?

Same here. I saw one game vs Kansas St. He had like 300 yards of offense that game. A unique running style thatā€™s for sure.