Really good interview with James Houston

Its long but for any Lions junkies, its worth listening to. James was even more raw as a DE than I thought. He had never even watched DE film until the year before he got to the Lions. He wanted to be Patrick Willis and run the defense from the MLB spot. He also said he only had 2 years of having to play all of the games. That was his year at Jackson State and his junior year in high school. He also played little league with Dan Campbell’s son in Florida.

8 Likes

So what you’re saying is Da Problem is just getting started and the best is yet to come once he gets more experience! Should be a fairly easy 20 sacks next season.

3 Likes

Great interview. Thank You for posting!

“Dan is a little rough around the edges”. Also, I like his Robert Mathis comp.

1 Like

I like his penetration, bend and oily hips.

Me too!!

Hips Dont Lie GIF by Shakira

2 Likes

I wonder what number he is looking at next year. My guess is #41. They would have to label him as a LB so he can take #41 (he did play some OLB last season).

So Coach Dan is in FL in offseason??? :wink:
Got an address?

That was Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

747 Kneecap Avenue!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, man. VERY cool. Love this guy.
I just wanna hug this guy…
…& shave his head, of course!
“I wanna be the best there is.”
Comment on pacing to get 20 sacks…“I’m COUNTING ON THAT”. hahah. Loooove that!

NO question this guy has matured as a result of working with coaches here.
LOL @ first time “a coach I can’t really much say too much too”

I’m guessing that coach Dan could whoop most players. There might be a couple of guys on our roster that could stand up to him in a fight.
Fox, Sewell…who else?
Campbell is the alpha male in an alpha male environment. LOVE THAT MF’r.

5 Likes

Tag team cage match!!

Sewell and Fox vs Campell and Hank Fraley! I’d watch that.

1 Like

“I can get into the little nooks & crannies of the holes…& I come quick”

The Office Thats GIF

“He a little rough around the edges” talking about coach Dan
“He’s not nice”. LOL
“he kept me level headex…kept me the right temperature”

Tax evasion is sexy!

1 Like

I see Da Problem adding 10lbs of Man stretch in the next year. While still learning the craft of DE, watch out, he’s got GRIT!

1 Like

He was referencing Jeff Weeks when he said that.

1 Like

Outstanding interview. Anyone concerned with the length, don’t be. I was already a fan of his like most of us but now I’m an even bigger fan. Humble, self-aware but confident.

I need one of those rare #59 jerseys. Once he changes numbers, it’ll be immediately available.

2 Likes

He should keep it! #59 was former stud Reggie Brown’s number before he almost died on the field back in 97.

He’s one of my current favorites on the team right now …but then so is everybody else ! So many good stories - guys on the team last year.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting turn

His path has actually ended up putting him in a pretty good position to capitalize on his play at a premium position.

How much is he worth or going to be worth? Lions in a great place to know him best

He has a great story. He never gave up hope. He put his pride to the side and trusted his coaches on a position change. He worked his ass off to try and prove his worth when cut and placed on the practice squad. When finally elevated he knew he was going to leave it all on the field to show he belonged on an active roster. There is absolutely nothing to not love about his story or him as a person. I hope he gets his big pay day some day. He’s earned it.

5 Likes