Rebuild cap question

[quote=“Wrath-SRT, post:20, topic:6569”]TThe only coach who wasn’t in his 60s by the time he left Detroit is Schwartz and I think he eventually gets a job.
[/quote]

Bring back the Wide 9! His D just gave up 37 to the Rams.

Are there great college coaches that are not working right now? I kinda like the urban Meyer idea… full control!

I don’t want Schwartz back but our current coach gave up 41 points to Nick Foles in his last game as a coordinator and had no problems getting a job.

Sean McDermott was the D coordinator of the 21st ranked defense for a 6-10 team, got a job and has done well.

The conspiracy in me thinks he’s not really hurt, and is basically sitting out because they wont sign his contract.

The problem is the Lions, unlike, say, the Packers, can’t figure out what a good coach looks like. Or a good GM. They just don’t seem to have a bead on what it takes to compete. They tried the NFL’s offer to help with the last GM hire and Ernie Accorsi led them astray.

And it’s not like you have big shoes to fill.

1 Like

Lincoln Riley…lets draft Trevor and open this shit up!

Without question, the giant appeal of Urban Meyer is you could work out a deal RIGHT NOW.

He could start the rebuild (to some extent at least) immediately. At least the evaluations part.

My biggest issue with Urban Meyer is his flakiness. He seems like a primadonna who can’t handle a loss, and while I like coaches who hate to lose, this guy ends up quitting when it gets tough.

1 Like

better than Quinn & Patricia that after a loss it’s like *shrug who gives a F attitude AND they do nothing different to try to change once it’s CLEAR their way loses football games!

True. But if Urban can’t handle losing one or two games a year, how is going to handle losing six or seven? So although I like him in a lot of ways, I don’t know that he can handle the NFL. You want to hire him and have him quit after a year or two? He probably could make more money in college anyway, couldn’t he? (honestly not sure - he sure would have more power).

1 Like

This is why I chose the Island if Misfit Toys theme, as this song is from the show.

Fits the Fords perfectly as well as the horsebleep we hear from Patricia

2 Likes

Just big pants

Could we back up a truck big enough to get Cowherds?

Colin Cowherd?

1 Like

Bill Cowher.

Predictive text got me

Cowher hasn’t coached in 15 years. He would be lost out there.

2 Likes

I think it’s part of who we are. Either you have it or you don’t. It may take him a bit to get back in the swing, but I think he’s kill it

Here is a list of coaches going back pretty far - with the age of their last year with the Lions.

Patricia - 46 (god willing)
Caldwell - 62
Schwartz - 47
Marinelli - 59
Mariucci - 50
Mornhinweg - 40
Ross - 65
Fontes - 56
Rogers - 54
Clark - 47
Hudspeth - 46
Forzano - 48