Rebuild on schedule, we're fine

Usually at practice!

I’m sorry! Did you say something?
Btw, thank you!

1 Like

And a six year contract which they gave to Campbell and I assume Holmes also has the same would give further credence to this.

2 Likes

The Lions were mediocre back in 2017. It’s a rebuild from that maybe.

they do

so yes we likely are stuck with both unless we go 3 wins again

which i do think Campbell gets fired, but not holmes

too much money to waste for the org

May not be p.c., but the way this coaching staff is looking, this is REEEEEEEE-build.

I think that the six year deal was an acceptance that we were going to take our licks and tear things down in order to clean up the cap and build through the draft and that it isn’t a quick fix.

Unless Holmes, Shiela and the other decision makers lose faith in Dan I would very surprised if there is major appetite to move on from him barring a number of similar performances to yesterday between now and the end of the season.

1 Like

Raw handsomeness!

Yup. I mentioned this a few weeks ago. It’s going to take a couple more years….MINIMUM.

1 Like

“Worse than the year before with players regressing even after 2 full free agency and draft periods” doesn’t seem “on schedule” to me, and I’m fairly certain the coaching staff and front office would agree.

6 Likes

This is the most crucial point of the Campbell Holmes regime. The team was flat yesterday, no heart. That is one thing we have not seen from them since Campbell has taken over. They have made up for their lack of skill with grit and heart. That is what he has preached since the beginning, we won’t go down without a fight. We didn’t have any fight in us yesterday and that is very concerning in my opinion.

One concern with the hiring of Campbell is how long his rah-rah personality would last with the players when they aren’t seeing the results. Yesterday’s game was an perfect illustration of what happens when that rah rah stuff wears off. He needs to get the team back, they are losing confidence in him, rightfully so with some of his decisions in game. Right now, we are at the crossroads. He either needs to get the team believing in him or we’re going to see a lot more games like yesterday for the rest of the season. How we play against Dallas will be the most indicative sign of the direction we are headed for this season. I say this with the opinion that we top out as 7-8 win team but we can also easily be a 2-3 win team. He has two weeks to get this ship right.

5 Likes

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that far.

1 Like

I disagree. Philly last year this team laid down. DC got them to bounce back but that game was low effort.

1 Like

yeah bengals and eagles game last year were the only two where i went “Fucking yikes”

This Defense is making me think like that so far, and patriots game was awfull

maybe they somehow bounce back against Dallas, with healthy players coming in, but idk

Dallas is gonna make this team eat their own boogers.

Yep–I always go back to that Philly game last year. The players quit on Campbell in that one.

so not punting on 4th and 9, to put MORE PRESSURE on your weak tired defense, was a good idea in light of your plan?

three words NEW YORK JETS

1 Like

For the life of me I can’t figure what successful team you guys are referencing when you say stuff like this.

What franchise are you referencing to where you feel confident this thing is on schedule?