Recipes

I feel like I started a thread on this in the past but I can’t find it… anyway, anybody cooking up anything good these days??

I want to make this, doesn’t seem too difficult and sounds good…

1 Like

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp!! You can’t make anything better!

1 Like

Well that sounds delicious! Wonderful inspiration thank you!

1 Like

Bacon wrapped Scallops!

3 Likes

Sounds tasty. Having lived in China and Hong Kong I have a little bit of an issue of a recipe calling itself Sichuan if it doesn’t have Sichuan pepper specifically called for

This is basically an asian spicy cucumber called without some Sichuan peppercorns in it

2 Likes

Mmmm chili crisp…

2 Likes

The perfect kick-off to a gout attack… and still worth it.

4 Likes

Made Tilapia with cajun spice fried in lime juice tonight. Really like it that way and use the leftover to make fish taco’s. Easy, tastes great and I like the taco’s for lunch.

4 Likes

On the super easy side of things, and I don’t know why but I’ve just been obsessed lately…

Cheese and rotel. Just a can of rotel and about a third of a block of velveeta cheese.

Cheap and delicious homemade queso dip!

3 Likes

Heck yea. Add some cream cheese and shredded pepper jack and melt it all in a smoker

1 Like

Well now that sounds next level amazing… might just do that today!

1 Like

post pics!

1 Like

You got it!

Get a 26oz can of San Marcos, (any brand will do), jalapeno peppers. Remove the fluid and reserve in a flat tupperware container. Cut up the peppers and throw into a blender, mine is a hand blender vs electric. I like it because I get a feel for the texture I am trying to achieve. Add a full can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce, and half a jar of red raspberry preserves, about 9 ounces. The raspberry pretty much negates the cranberry taste but w/o the thickening that the cranberry provides it’s too soupy. Ready to put in a container, but give it 2 weeks for the jalapeno to do it’s thing. Perfect on crackers with blue or cream cheese.
Now, get some fresh green beans. Wash them and trim them. Let them dry and then add to the container with the fluid from the jalapeno can. Again, give it 2 weeks. If you’re a bloody Mary fan these are great ad’s, they have a great kick. It’s just that easy and you’ll be surprised how good they are.

Enjoy

2 Likes

good tip!

1 Like

I was in New Orleans the first time I had spicy green beans in my BM. I was hooked. BTW this also works with asparagus, but they tend to soften up some, the beans stay pretty snappy. In the end, you’re using up a fluid that most people would simply throw away. I also will save some to use in my chicken tortilla soup. I like to experiment, when you get it right it can be amazing.

3 Likes

That also sounds amazing. You guys are awesome!

1 Like

Purchase a “bone in” ham, prepare according to instructions. There are just two of us so I end up with plenty left over. I take about half and bag it for the freezer. I use it instead of bacon for breakfast, and also will make some ham sandwiches with those leftovers. Take the rest, with the bone, put in a slow cooker covered with water. Trim back some but not all of the fat. When the meat is falling off the bone, take out and cut into generous chunks. Save about a cup or slightly more of the water for the soup.
For the soup you want to use Hurst 15 bean soup, no exceptions and pass on the Cajun variety. Soak the beans overnight and wash. Cook the beans according to directions but add the ham, an
onion, and the reserve water. Make sure to use the flavor packet that comes with the beans, it matters. I make lot’s of soups, this is actually my favorite. The cost per meal from this is incredibly cheap.

2 Likes

Cherry juice my friend. Unsweetened cherry juice to fight off your gout attack. Or drink water every day with lemon or lime added. :+1:

1 Like

Alright just getting going… I might’ve gone a little overboard on the pepper Jack but who cares. It’s pepper Jack… might need another can of rotel though and gonna throw some green Chile peppers in too!

Edit: don’t have a smoker (yet) so doing it on the stove… just gonna slowly melt it all into cheesy deliciousness

4 Likes