Recipes

I love these “Global” brand knives…. made in Japan.

https://www.globalcutleryusa.com/knives/categories.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAwomeBhBWEiwAM43YIKG1GItAw-KeXzqCA6bAsbqKtHI4ElBD6VGq02NtrLMJXWHyX8_H6RoCFg8QAvD_BwE

Also like our Wusthof steak knives…

2 Likes

Ahh ok gotcha… awesome story man and that’s so cool you still get together after all the years!

2 Likes

Gonna check those out too, thank you!

Here’s the three knives I bought in Japan.

Plus a Henkle I like quite a bit and a generic Serbian knife I got off of ebay I use for chopping.

The two wooden handle Japanese knives are super sharp but the steel isn’t super quality. They develop oxidation if the slightest bit of water stay on them.

I used to have a really nice Shun that was probably the most expensive one I’ve owned. But I like the weight of Wusthof and Henkle better

They all need professional sharpening. I keep them honed the best I can but I have to find a good sharpening service

4 Likes

Wish I could remember where I bought my Giada santoku knife, but it’s one of my favorites in the kitchen:

Probably use my Kiwi brand Thai style knives more than anything. Have these in a couple sizes.

3 Likes

Holy smokes those are awesome man!! Totally gonna check those out!

1 Like

VERY affordable. Many Asian grocers have them. If you’re a metro-detroiter, you can get them at Wen’s Kitchen Supply. (John R and Whitcomb)

3 Likes

Right on, thanks man!

Those look badass too… love the wood handle

3 Likes

I’m surprised you guys dont’ just use your hands. We watch Jack Fox every week.

1 Like

So, frozen catfish nuggets are on sale at our local grocery store, .99 a lb. Now, I didn’t know you could buy anything for .99 anymore and because I had never made them I thought I’d give them a shot. Coated them in a mix and threw 'em in the air fryer, ■■■■■■■ good, not ■■■■■■■ excellent but ■■■■■■■ good.

3 Likes

The only knives I use are Cutco knives. My wife had them when we got married. She bought them in the mid 70s.

3 Likes

allright fellow foodies. Mock chicken legs (city chicken) Who remembers these?

There were a regular childhood staple for a while. Waalkes meat market in the old Breton Village made
some really good ones.

Anyone have a recipe?

2 Likes

Order catfish at least once every visit to my daughters in 'Bama.

2 Likes

Started watching Ted Lasso and decided to try and make the cookies he makes

followed this recipe. In the oven now!

https://www.saltharvestcreatives.com/ted-lassos-biscuit-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-2832 >

1 Like

Oh man they smell really good

2 Likes

I appreciate you guys putting recipes up.
I have to skim though here & see if I put mom’s cupcakes up.

I usually post it in a handful of places every holiday season…part of how I honor her.

They are life-changin’ly delicious

3 Likes

Is that Nutmeg, or cinnamon? I know, it’s your mom’s secret recipe.

1 Like

I think you are responding to @TNutZz , brother. I’ll go snag mom’z recipe for you handsome MF’rz right now though.

Mom’s Cupcakes

Batter
3cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups sugar
½ cup cocoa

Mix all dry ingredients

2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 cups water
2 teaspoons vinegar

Mix liquids and add to dry ingredients

Filling
1 8oz. Pack cream cheese
1 egg
½ cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

1 12 oz. Bag chocolate chips

Mix all together

Fill cupcake holder half full with batter and teaspoon of filling in
center bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minute

4 Likes

Thanks for posting! By soda I assume you mean baking soda?

Yup. - they are FANTASTIC

You won’t be disappointed