Report: Alabama's Bryce Young, Will Anderson won't skip Sugar Bowl

4 Likes

Props to them for playing, I’m actually kinda surprised since they are clear cut top 5 picks.

6 Likes

Character. Show up where you committed to be when you committed to be there. Men don’t bail on their team when it’s beneficial. That’s a reflection on Saban. Builds men.

4 Likes

I agree, but I bet both of them took out massive insurance policies to protect them in case they get injured in the game. I can also understand why some of the guys sit out the bowl games.

4 Likes

I suspect they took out large insurance policies well before this bowl.

2 Likes

Didn’t TE Jake Butt (UM) blow his back out in a meaningless bowl game?

On one hand yes I’m impressed they have decided to play. Another discussion though, doesn’t Alabama have like 12 players in the portal already?

Speaking of meaningless bowl games, besides the actual playoff games, I have almost zero interest in watching these other bowl games. Looking forward to the expanded playoffs in the future.

2 Likes

Blew his knee out.

Great if you are a Bama fan but not a great business decision.

2 Likes

Typically Bama gets a lot of transfers out because they have so many 5 stars and they dont have pt for all of them.

2 Likes

Transferring out because told to leave, or transferring out because they aren’t good enough?

1 Like

I would say they aren’t clear cut top 5 picks and that is why they are playing.

Fans have a habit of treating early mock drafts like they are gospel. All the media talking heads just float around the same info with some slight tweaks.

It isn’t until we start getting leaks from different teams that REAL mock drafts start coming out. There are guys that most fans now consider “top guys” that NFL scouts think are 3rd round picks (Malik Willias was a classic example last year).

Im not sure i see the difference.

I have a hard time believing many players go to Bama for the education, not football. You arent likely to get drafted if you dont see the field.

1 Like

That’s fair, but is 1 game going to make or break their draft status!? I’ll be shocked in Young and Anderson don’t go top 5. I wasn’t high on Malik at all last year, wasn’t surprised he dropped so much. Young on the other hand, looks like a stud. I think the Texans are taking him.

1 Like

It seems like a bad idea to me. Top 5 picks, meaningless bowl game, but whatever. Not my decision.

1 Like

This is one thing I like about the transfer portal. Alabama can’t stack a bench full of 4 and 5 star players and force them to wait their turn. Those talented players are now able to go somewhere else and get playing time immediately. I think the slightly weakened roster that Alabama had this year was caused by NIL and the transfer portal…

Yes, he got injured. But he was able to cash in on a “loss of value” insurance policy that was based on where he was projected to go vs where he ended up in the draft. Guys like Young and Anderson would have the same kind of policy…just with much bigger numbers associated with them.

2 Likes

Watch Young gets hurt, slisp in the draft and we miss out on Carter by one pick.

3 day ban, -1000 points for saying that, haha

2 Likes

I’m totally good with that if Young isn’t hurt too bad and we take him.

Pretty hardcore