Reset the Clock--Dan Campbell's best coaching job--vs Giants

There is a difference between 4-6 and 5-11 lets see if he ends at 4-13

1 Like

Yep I definitely agree with you about that, depends on the situation but I think banking on your defense to stop a 3rd and 7 is something they should be able to do. In that instance, who’s to say they don’t hand off to Barkley when the lions are expecting a pass and he rips off a 30 yard run?

1 Like

Yep there is the real argument. And at this point I think we win a few more. I think we might get 6or7 wins.

That would be disappointing based on the schedule the rest of the year and the players getting healthy for the stretch. Still think the 4 wins this year has been better and showing positive trajectory vs where patricia was supposed to be when he got 5

This is also probably true. Like I said the only point was not to get to excited to fast because we seen it before. We also seen things look to be getting better only to get worse.

1 Like

Just to help you out, Patricia only won 4 games his final season. He was fired at the end of Nov, we beat Chicago in December. So your argument isn’t accurate anyways.
3 of those wins for MP were Stafford come from behind victories as well.
And I get, you’re only as good as your record…but comparing the wins to MP doesn’t seem to work. I feel like it’s two separate teams, two separate HC’s, two different directions.

I’m not telling you to shower us with rainbows and puppy dogs but let’s just ride this out and see where it goes.

5 Likes

You are wrong. The team that DC is coaching now is not at all the team that Patricia coached his last year here. The vast majority of the Patrica-era players either left in FA or were waived (Jaime Collins and Trey Flowers as examples). Very few are still here. The team that DC is coaching is now is completely different in players, concept, and scheme. How many 1 and 2 year player are starting or getting sizable snap counts? Patrica had a team of disinterested, checked out, not buying in veterans that couldn’t wait for the offseason. DC is coaching a team of very young players that are still very keyed in to the team (absolutely garbage talk that DC has “lost the locker room” thats just bullshit), showing improvement game to game. According to the Athletic the defense went from 32nd to 11th over the last 3 games. You have to intentionally not want to see improvement to not notice that. Trying to compare Patty to DC is just ridiculous. Patty lost a veteran, border line play off team before he ever coached his first game. DC still has the buy in from a group of players that don’t know they should have quit by now. Trying to compare records to somehow say that DC is worse than Patty is as weak as it is laughably wrong.

3 Likes

[quote=“Snags, post:46, topic:18716”]n
Just to help you out, Patricia only won 4 games his final season. He was fired at the end of Nov, we beat Chicago in December. So your argument isn’t accurate anyways
[/quote]

Well thanks for the help. And I didn’t take that I consideration. So he’s is already equal to Patty. You just screwed up a perfectly good argument. Lols

2 Likes

Dude show me we’re I said he’s worse, thats your assumption. I said we seen this before and Patricia got 5 wins with a really horrible team. Suggesting that maybe some should wait till we pass the 5 wins the previously shit head coach won.
And you guys sure are forgetting how many said the same thing with Patricia and now everyone hated and knew it.

Well thanks for the help. And I didn’t take that I consideration. So he’s is already equal to Patty. You just screwed up a perfectly good argument. Lols
[/quote]

Just for you brother!

chair fail GIF

2 Likes

dismissive of others. It’s a massive pattern on your end, brother.

I would love to understand you. If you feel like taking the energy to explain, I’ll definitely consider and try to see it. If you don’t, I’ll scroll up and try to see what I could have missed.

Perceived conflict? I’m not in a jungle or conflict. not framing it as “me vs you” or anything like that.

More like a master of my emotions …MOST of the time. Im’ still human, so I get pissed, sad, etc, etc…I just don’t let those emotions lead me around like a chihuahua pup getting pulled on a leash.

I like being high AF, and living there as often as possible (I dont’ do drugs, BTW).
Having fun is healthy, man.
I’m not going to temper my enthusiasm ever (not on purpose, anyway). That’s no way to live life.
Temper enthusiasm out of fear of letdown.
If you know how to manage your energy and not let your emotions run you, you can get as high as ya want and not have to worry about a crash…more of a “it was fun while it lasted” approach.

It all boils down to meeting needs in a healthy way.

Thank you for taking the time to reiterate for me, brother. I disagree with ya, but that’s perfectly okay. I disagree with everyone on here at times.

Nothing is a big deal unless we make it one.

100% chance of this happening tonight. Tomorrow morning I wake up and go to Cocoa Beach for Turkey’n’Lions!!!

Love ya, man.
Don’t take that shit personally…I’m wrong all the friggin time. Just offering my opinions…

3 Likes

LOL
Thanks, man.

1 Like

Patricia won 5 games in 2020…. with…

Matthew Stafford
Marvin Jones
Kenny Golladay
Danny Amendola
Marvin Hall
Oday Aboushi
Tyrell Crosby
Adrian Peterson
Jesse James

Romeo Okwara
Jamie Collins
Duron Harmon
Danny Shelton
Justin Coleman
Desmond Trufant
Jayron Kearse
Christian Jones
Reggie Ragland
Jahlani Tavai
Miles Killebrew

and those players were all gone in 2021.

I’m not saying all of those players are even good…

but…. that isn’t the SAME team. Not even close.

3 Likes

I get that it’s not the same team, some say it was a really bad team and that may be true , that team won 5 games. I’m not comparing teams , if that team is that bad, should I not expect to win more games if the coach and team is now better ?

I get where your coming from. I was like you, one of the few who didn’t want Patricia. Hated his D scheme, talked about his SB performance or lack thereof with it.

We did it anyway, hoped I was wrong, unfortunately horribly right. I will say for a breif minute it felt like we had a direction. Then realized that direction was non existent with a lost locker room. Forced to hope beyond hope he’d turn it around so we didn’t lose Stafford.

MCDC I got behind after his kneecap press conference. Some hated it, i loved it, along with the fact he really wanted to be here and win here, knowing first hand what this organization has been historically, and being a place coaches come to ruin careers.

Like you i haven’t been able to fully embrace anything since 14, and our moronic organization blew that D up.

Now, even though we aren’t there yet. There is a firm direction, a team bought in, and a cohesiveness I’ve not seen. It feels like as an organization everyone is pulling in the same direction, with the same goals. We knew at the start this wasn’t a SB or likely playoff team. I wanted to see progress, and buy in to continue. To this point even after a terrible 1-6 start, which no one expected, vs teams better than we expected, the team ne er quits. It just keeps trying and improving. We saw Lynn let go last yr for failing to meet expectations. We’ve seen AP let go this yr for the same thing. So we also have accountability. As long as we stay the course, even if we only win 2-3 more games, i like the direction we’re headed. Im optimistic this time.

However your not wrong. We’ve seen failures staff after staff, GM after GM, throughout the organization top to bottom. So being a life long fan, you have earned the right to be jaded, skeptical, or you have to prove it first. I think any long term Lions fan can understand that.

4 Likes

Sure…… I still do expect more than 5 wins THIS season with THIS team.

I just don’t see have any interest in comparing what is happening now to a DIFFERENT team coached by a DIFFERENT staff.

If there is a comparison to the Quinntricia team of 2020….
it needs to be noted that those morons went “all in” to bring Flowers, Collins, Coleman, Trufant, Vaitai, James, Shelton, and Jones to Detroit with overpriced contracts…. and Holmbell have had to be very modest if free agency because of that spending.

People can take shots at Holmes for missing on certain players in free agency…. but I’d like to know who Holmes could have signed for similar money that would have been much better.

2 Likes

TC, I’d wager that none of our fans expected the slip up to start this season with all the losses. I believe you asked “are we supposed to be happy to with a three win streak?” unquote. The answer is yes, because that hasn’t been done before by a HC much less Dan Campbell, until now. The Bills game is winnable , but it is no give-me. Once again we have to have our shit together and can’t make bone-headed mistakes , or we will not win. I have this game as a loss but if we win, I will damn near cry over the steps this team has taken to not quit, but come together and fight as one team no matter the circumstances ! And if we only win 5 games this season, it’s better than three…shrug.

2 Likes
2 Likes

In 2014, the Lions won 4 in a row twice.
In 2015, the Lions won 3 in a row twice.
In 2016, the Lions won 3 in a row early and 5 in a row later.
In 2017, the Lions won 3 in a row once.

The HC’s name–Jim Caldwell.

3 Likes

Idk but if he keeps hitting on draft pics like the last 2 years he might not need FAs. Lol

I came way around on Holmes because of how many of them are taking meaningful snaps.

4 Likes