Robert Saleh in NY

It’s interesting here in NY hearing people praising Robert Saleh as a fantastic head coach and not needing multiple years to get that rebuild on track. In a really brutal division too. Detroit guy who interviewed here - I wonder how the hires of him and MCDC will stack up?

He has to finish the season before I will take notice. He is 6-3. In 2013 we were 6-3 and finished 7-9. In 2007 we were 6-3…finished 7-9…and went 0-16 the following season with the same coach. :joy:

3 Likes

GM Joe Douglas is much farther into his tear down and rebuild… and also got a bit lucky that the Seahawks made possibly the worst trade since the Ricky Williams trade.

lots of cap space…… this is from January 2022….

and picks….

They are indeed doing a good job and getting results,
but the situation Saleh hired into was much better suited for a quick turnaround.

5 Likes

Handsome MF’r…that’s for damn sure

6 Likes

But we traded them Quandre Diggs. Same thing.

Oprah Winfrey Network Lady Mae GIF by Greenleaf

Jets have been fortunate with some of the things that have went their way. That Cleveland game was crazy for one. But that defense is for real. I like what the Jets are doing.

Glad you brought this up, even though it was just talked about a couple weeks ago.

Ask yourself (any of you in the thread) how would Saleh do with THIS team and GM. Now, ask yourself the other way around, with MCDC in NY with Douglas.

I can’t contemplate that without cementing the idea that, yeah, Dan Campbell deserves the same slack that’s been given to Holmes, because nobody will conclude honestly that Saleh would have done any better.

1 Like

got any lottery numbers in mind???

5 Likes

The Saleh talk was getting a little out of hand. It’s good to see a reversal of fortune between MCDC and RS. Hopefully it continues.

1 Like

But our shovels were extraordinarily sharp

3 Likes

Our schedule was much harder than the jets as well

3 Likes

What happens when your cheap rookie QB ends up effing your club over and delaying your window for years…

6 Likes

The shovels were so sharp, we dug a large hole, then fell in and couldn’t get out!!

Owen 16 baby!! You know how hard that is to accomplish in the modern nfl!? So much GRIT!

3 Likes

I think the lions having Goff while the Jets have nobody at QB makes a pretty huge difference if we’re being honest tho. If you combined Salehs D with MCDC offense you’d have the Super Bowl favorite

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.