Robert Saleh

Chris Spielman. That’s on him. 100% guarantee it.

Christ, if that happened, I never ever wanted to hear another defense that ownership here has tried.

2 Likes

I definitely remember that report and was not happy. Guess he wasn’t as Spielman-like as Chris wanted.

They leaked that he interviewed poorly, if I remember correctly.

(which basically means they had made up their mind to go a different direction and wanted to grease the skids)

Probably told them they needed to bounce Rod Wood and that’s all she wrote.

This also happened, they got the gosh darn Michigan government involved

Sighhh, why in the fuck was I cursed to be a fan of this eternal diaper fire of a football team.

3 Likes

You legit have to ask yourself how much different things would be with Saleh paired with Holmes & company instead of with his current GM.

For instance; Cine, Minny’s pick with our #32 in the 1st? Has 2 INT’s. Detroit has 2 as a team.

Well you’re on the right forum, because we are all in the same boat!

1 Like

Correct. No other interview was leaked.

Wait what??? They are not just going for Moral Victories???

Yeah, and that’s totally not the correct approach

1 Like

Total insanity…just total insanity.

Why bother learning how to make football decisions and winning when all you have to do is come close and people will bow down and kiss your feet???

1 Like

Everyone knows team wins is not a real stat.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1581738181174898688?s=20&t=jde7H8iaTwgmkCoINgDjuw

Yes, he interviewed. He wanted the job. Jets offered, Lions didn’t and weren’t going to.

The Jets spent millions on their defense. We’ve been cap strapped since the Stafford trade. It’s easier to progress when your veterans are good and on their 2nd contracts.

Wait til next offseason. We’ll have the resources to scout and sign guys that are not only talented. But wanna play for our coaches.

We’ll have plenty of cap space to plug the holes on our defense and extend our young talented players.

1 Like

…what is it they say about hindsight?

It’s true that the Jets actually have the least desd cap $ in the league, but the Lions are faaar from the worst at the #16 ranked 2022 dead cap team…the Eagles and Giants are much worse off sitting towards the top, but that doesnt seem to be an excuse for them this year🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

The Jets got their franchise QB in front of us. We have yet to get ours.
The Jets went and spent on Corey Davis. We got DJ Chark on the cheap.
The Jets drafted Garrett Wilson. We got Jameson Williams who hasn’t played yet.
The Jets traded for Leonard Williams. We traded for Michael Brockers.
The Jets drafted Elijah Moore. We drafted Amon Ra St Brown

Some of this is not poor drafting by the Lions, but better draft position by the Jets. For instance, in 2019 I doubt the Lions go Hockenson if Q Williams was on the board. Other part of it is that the Lions are on a different path rebuilding. They haven’t spent any money yet. I don’t think the QB of the future is on the roster.

Not getting into right or wrong right now. I get both sides. But for me it is hard to compare the situations when I see the truth of it as being the Lions caring less about winning this year and caring more about setting up for the next three or four years. It’s a questionable plan in a league that has seen teams rebuild quickly, but I suspect there were many who felt the Lions truly needed to be built “the right way”. So I’m doing my best to not let this season get to me.

2 Likes

I just wanted to see progress…at this point, the team is regressing, that’s the #1 issue imo. Hell, I just wantes 7 wins, 8 if they stole one…but this looks like a 3-4 win team so far, and shouldnt be acceptable.

3 Likes