Rod Wood: The non-football guy running an NFL team

It’s not complicated at all , he’s like the money man, the business man not the football man. I don’t want a football guy making money or business discission.

Rod Wood has been heavily involved in putting or taking away “football people” in places of authority. And those decisions have been abysmal at best. Every “football person” decision that he’s been involved in has been horrendous. Time will tell on Holmes/MCDC/Spielman, but his first six years with the team rivals that of Millen.

Honestly, I can’t understand why anyone would support that buffoon.

You do not want Rod Wood making money decisions that involve the players on the team.

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t get why people defend him.

1 Like

At least 30-40%
…pain goes up, numbing goes up!

If the priority is money
There’s an argument to be made a money man can really influence and pull strings like
" if we fire Patricia now , we’re paying X amount and still having to hire a new guy. If you hold off one more year , we won’t have to eat as much and you never know , I think Patricia deserves another year"

Now all that is before he said he wasn’t a football guy but then we keep seeing him pop up with football guy quotes

Check out his interview on Michigan matters Detroit oct 2017 or 18 before Bears game
He wasn’t just sticking to money
And he was being a face of the franchise