1 Like

Makes sense. He seemed just a bit off.

1 Like

He must have read Dock Ellis’s book.

2 Likes

Also an Aldous Huxley fan?

Doors of Perception?

2 Likes

Yep. He was a big advocate of LSD for treatment of psych disorders and overall well being back in the 50s/60s. Doors of Perception was where the Doors got their name from.

I heard while he was dying he was microdosing LSD until he died.

Actually one of my personal favorite authors though it’s been awhile since I read his books. Never read doors of perception. But I remember really liking The Island

I read it, have a copy somewhere. I believe his drug then was mescaline.

1 Like

Ahh ok, could have been.

What I really liked about him was he advocated for technology to help people be better people, not take over and replace people. He was an interesting guy. Some of his books are a little dry and/or dated, but, he had some really great ideas and perspectives

1 Like

Those posts he made were 100% on the money. Every bit of it.

4 Likes

Back in the day mescaline and peyote were available People were said to be experimenting with them. I never did, my experience was full scale research.

1 Like

Anyway I’m going off topic… listen! RODGERS DOES DRUGS! SUSPEND HIM!!!

I’m kidding. But maybe this is why he’s been ever so slightly more likable? I said slightly…

2 Likes

Haha, I’ve never done either, was very interested in my 20s now don’t care so much, although I wouldn’t be opposed. I do believe in the benefit of them, and pretty sure there are studies going on now where they are treating people with depression, PTSD, etc. with these types of drugs and seeing a ton of success. So maybe it won’t be so taboo eventually.

I don’t anymore but some of that, most of that, is because I can’t get what I want and I’m not looking for any life changing experiences. If old Arizona Bob showed up with a bag of peyote buttons right out of the desert I’d fast for a day and go camping somewhere remote.

1 Like

@BigNatty - Do you have a new favorite player now!? I kid, I kid!

1 Like

Lol, I mean listen, just because two people like beer doesn’t mean they have to be best buds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

They suspended Josh Gordon for about 2 seasons for pot, which was ridiculous.

A 3 season suspension for Rodgers sounds fair!

3 Likes

LOL - I want our guys to give him very different visions, and undo what the plant medicine has done (at least until he retires).

I can get on board w/that.

3 Likes

You’re right! I mean, what’s the difference?

The difference is probably one doesn’t come up on a drug screen

2 Likes

#truth → in terms of what is legal, and what is “substance abuse.”

This is SO esoteric and hard to describe to ppl.
Incredibly difficult to find teh proper line as to how to regulate it.

Technically, he should be suspended…ethically/morally, not so much.

3 Likes

When you get suspended for significant time for pot, but get a slap on the wrist for sexual assault/harassment, something is seriously wrong, and the system is failing.

Anyways, on a lighter note, this is probably going to help Rodgers read defenses better with being in a different dimension, we might be screwed. Hutch better be ready to hulk smash him!

2 Likes