Rodgers and psychedelic drugs

Right. And we know CJ used marijuana for years and just got away with it. Also, regardless if one is using any drug for rehab/pain relief/well being whatever, what’s the difference between them and abusers? Because there have been plenty of alcoholics to roll through the league and that’s acceptable?

I’m not advocating for or coming down on either one. I guess if anything I’m very much in the do what you want as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else camp, and it’s not a performance enhancer I suppose (in the arena of pro sports).

But Rodgers freely coming out and saying this… along with his covid “immunized” stuff from last year, how in the heck has this guy not gotten suspended yet?

And just like @BigNatty said, ethically/morally I don’t care, but technically yes he should be because of the precedence they have set in the past

1 Like

2 random things I think every human being on Earth should experience.

1. Working in the service industry for at least 6 months
  2. A psychedelic experience

I think the world would have a lot less assholes if these things were required.

The service industry teaches us to treat others with kindness, patience, empathy and generosity.

The psychedelic experience teaches us that we don’t understand everything and that there is a much larger reality out there we do not comprehend…and that we’re just a very tiny part of it. Most gain a sense of humility, perspective and feeling of how beautiful it all is from the experience.

7 Likes

Well, I worked in the service industry through university but didn’t do psychedelics so …

I can vouch one of these is not enough. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Try both at the same time, it doesn’t work well. ha ha

5 Likes

Definitely not advised!!! :sweat_smile:

Too funny…Love it.

3 Likes

Lol definitely agree with #1!

2 Likes

Me, circa '74…

Most likely purple microdot dropped at start of shift. The Thai stick is in my '68 Skylark.

5 Likes

Thai Dip Stick or regular?

The stick of the day. What’s the difference? Back in the day it was twinned to bamboo and dipped in hash oil.

1 Like

Word

1 Like

That was a dip stick, and I’ve had them dipped in an opium derivative but seldom found one’s that had been dipped.

1 Like

They suspended Gordon for 2+ years because-

Hey Josh, dont do that.

Josh- OK.

Josh does it.

Hey Josh, dont do that again.

Josh- OK

Josh does it again.

10 repeats later

Hey Josh, dont do that.

Josh- OK

Josh does it again.

That’s why.

3 Likes

oh yeah Somebody stop me GIF

ayahuasca - sounds like toad poison to me. With all that self love talk I think ARod was down in South America on that retreat with BigNatty.

1 Like

Not that I’m interested in smoking anything again, but I’d give anything to catch a whiff of what was going around 40-50 years ago versus the skunk weed everything today smells like.

1 Like

40 - 50 years ago you were smoking dirt. I agree that the stuff today can be quite skunky, but it keeps me from licking toads.

2 Likes

Most were smoking Mexican weed, but there was plenty of other choices if you were in the know. Panama red was a real thing, red and gold Columbian, Oaxacan and Guadalajaran from Mexico was a step up, Jamaican, each Hawaiian island had it’s own with elephant grass probably the most famous. The Thai sticks were rare but out there. Lebanese hash, temple balls, finger hash, hash oil, double zero from Morocco…it was all out there.
I walked into a room in a bar called “The Milky Way” in Amsterdam and there was a guy at a table with probably 30 different types of hash. No chairs, everyone sat on the floor with their backs against the wall. The smell was incredible, nothing like it before or since.
In Copenhagen, that was the last time I had Thai sticks and I bought them from a guy from Thailand. There’s an old walled city, basically, called Christania. It started out as a political movement with squatters that used generators for their electricity and had stands in the streets to sell their wares. No cameras allowed, and it quickly became something of a sanctuary for people on the run. Been there several times over the years and it’s completely changed, cleaned up it’s image and is nothing like the early days.
I really know nothing of today’s products but a friend of mine has done very well in the legal trade. He wrote the book for the state of Colorado on how it should be marketed from growing to distribution, he was Marijuana Executive of the Year. Today he is COO of “Gold Flora” in California, they have over 600,000 sq ft of growing space. Greg Gamet also graduated from Northern Iowa and hung out at the bar I bartended at and we have a lot of mutual friends.
It’s been interesting to watch how it’s gone from really illegal, to kind of illegal in most places now and legal in I’m not sure how many states. With re to “magic mushrooms” becoming legal I’m really surprised about how fast that has come along. The one thing I know about this business is that the people who were buying products illegally in the past and now have legal product available…it’s really 50/50 as to whether they purchase from the dispensaries. Cheaper to keep buying the non-taxed product and their dealer delivers.
The guys on ESPN are talking about AR right now and his recent interview. They’re laughing but also mentioning how far the world has come that they ARE laughing about it. The world has indeed changed.

4 Likes

That wouldn’t work, bro. I go there for expansion of peace in my heart and more openness and connection. How TF am I gonna experience peace with him there?

If I’m on a retreat with him, it’s gonna be a martial arts retreat where I get to pad up and take it to him.

2 Likes

Right on!
30 years in auto service made me a highly skilled asshole. I’ve been trained by the very best (assholes).
The problem with assholes is that they think they’re smart until they’re threatening someones job and he points at his computer screen and says, “do you know where I live”?

1 Like