Rodrigo and Hutch,All Rookie

Well earned, too bad Houston/Kerby did not join us earlier!
We should have 4 rookies on D on this list!

7 Likes

And now we see what kind of growth all four bring to 2023.

6 Likes

All 5. Pascal got a late start but he was showing flashes.
He was my second favorite pick.

6 Likes

how is Kyle Hamilton in over Kerby … ? smh

1 Like

Maybe 2023 Hamilton will get his 1st interception. :flushed:

1 Like

While true, that’s ■■■■■■■ insane!
Brad is a friggin’ wizard! I really don’t know how else you would explain this…

7 Likes

Good point.

I could all be scripted. Just a soap opera for men, like Big Time Wrestling.
Well, you asked.:rofl:

1 Like

I thought the same thing, but apparently after the first 4 games or so they shifted him into a box role and he played lights out. Ravens fans rave (heh) about the guy. Over the stretch he played there he was one of the highest-graded guys in the league, whereas Kerby’s season was flashes of greatness mixed with struggles. So I get it. Don’t like it, but I get it.

2 Likes

All 6. Jamo got a late start but he was showing flashes. Yet, eleven teams has better drafts, go figure…

2 Likes

so i assume more tackles, passes defended, interceptions, and forced fumbles/recoveries doesn’t count ? (not you … but the consensus) … Hamilton does have 2 sacks though … sarcasm

1 Like

Yeah no kidding. Though in fairness Kerby played a position on the back end where compiling stats and splash plays was easier. Not much glamour doing the grunt work up front. But I still would have chosen him.

I also think most of these writer types find it very hard to move off their priors, and I’m sure they all had Hamilton rated very highly as a draft prospect. Confirmation bias etc…

2 Likes

Detroit vs. Everybody

1 Like

Houston
Hutch
Kerby
Rodrigo
JaMoss
Paschal ( edit)

Mitchell
Chase

When has any team had a better draft than that?

4 Likes

And you left out Paschal

it’s possible that there are multiple pro bowlers in there.
Hutch, Kerby, JaMoss - VERY likely
Houston has a chance
Paschal & Rodrigo nice starters
Mitchell will be a nice piece, ceiling of a very nice starter.
I have no clue what to make of Chase yet…he’s playing a position that takes awhile to learn.

1 Like

Hamilton played like a top 10 player in his draft class, good on him. Many in their rookie year don’t

Kerby also had a great year

2 Likes

Kerby is more handsome…so let us not ignore that either.

2 Likes

Kerby basically won us both games vs the Packers. We won by 4 points and 6 points and he owned Rodgers in both games! If dominating the back to back nfl MVP doesn’t get you on the all rookie team, I don’t know what does.

3 Likes

It looks like an amazing draft for sure after year one. Heck, even better than 2021. Here’s my loose rankings from those two:

Met/exceeded draft expectations so far (this includes their draft slot… obviously you don’t generally expect as much out of a 7th rounder as a first rounder):

Sewell
McNeill
ARSB
Barnes
Jefferson
Hutch
Kerby
Rodriguez
Houston

Jury’s Out (flashed some promise, but haven’t put it all together or been on the field consistently):

Iffy
Jamo (injuries)
Paschal (injuries)
Mitchell (part of a rotation, nothing amazing yet)
Lucas (7th round rookie at a hard position)

Possible Bust?:

Levi (injuries)

That is a fantastic freaking track record. The only guy I would put at ‘Possible Bust’ is due to lingering injuries. Out of 15 guys, spread across the draft. Wow.

Honestly, I think it is giving me unrealistic expectations for future drafts. This hit rate cannot be sustainable forever. Of course, as the team gets better, it will be harder for rookies to make an impact. But dang… I am loving Holmes’ drafting so far!

4 Likes