Romeo Okwara Paycut

I haven’t seen another thread talking about the Paycut ROK took to stay with the Lions. What’s your thoughts?

Looks like another Ninja move by Brad Holmes.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-romeo-okwara-renegotiates-contract

3 Likes

He would probably still be a FA if the Lions cut him!

2 Likes

Yes - still cool of him.

2 Likes

there has been some discussion….
bigger pay cut than I thought Brad could get…
but yo Holmes is on a roll….

1 Like

Some restructure!
I’d call it a bank heist!

1 Like
1 Like

When I did a search and then a topic creation, that topic never came up.

Thanks funny, this can be locked.

1 Like

Wow, and the huge pay cut makes Romeo easier to trade, right?

I’m hanging on to as many, if not all, of the DL players as possible.
Injuries happen, depth would be huge.

4 Likes

Yes, it does, but $2.5M for a backup DE is very reasonable, especially one of Romeo’s caliber. You’d better be getting quite the draft pick to trade him.

Half the teams in the league are paying more than $2.5M for their 3rd Edge/DE. Having Romeo as a backup is where we should be.

5 Likes

F them beans

3 Likes

1 Like

The Lions are trying to make a run this season. I’d be incredibly surprised if they’re trading a relatively cheap, serviceable to above-average depth DE for beans.

2 Likes

I think your right he was likely given the day off Thursday an will play Saturday. You have toe field players Saturday an he will play a lot like he did last week. After the preseason games its easier to control breaks. They want to rest starters so he gets day off against preseason game with Jags.

1 Like

Bingo, team chemistry also matters. It’s why I’d like to keep both Romeo and Julian. As much as they suck, injuries are going to happen. Last year alone Paschal, Cominsky, Romeo, Julian, and Charles Harris all missed significant time, it was kinda a blessing because if not we probably never see Houston.

1 Like