Romoe Okwara's next contract

He is playing very well and has improved year on year. He is definitely going to get himself a nice deal this off season coming off hopefully a double digit sack season and given he is only 26.

Do the Lions bring him back or does he hit free agency? Would he get 10 million + per year in free agency? 3 year 30 million deal?

Seems like the right range.

Remember when we got pissed that Avril got that much?

Sigh…inflation.

With his brother on roster and lions expecting big things
I think it’d important lions present the optics they’re doing right by him to help get the most from taking his brother. If he feels like he’s being treated poorly by lions , I’d worry it’ll sour his bro

1 Like

He might be the only player on defense that has improved and playing at a high level. Witch is amazing in this scham. How good will he be in a system that actually emphasize the pass rush.

I think he oughta be a top priority to keep, assuming the money is right. It’s kinda hard to calculate a player’s value next next year and beyond without knowing what the cap will be. I’d keep Griffin too if they can, which means if they can find a kickass DT then this defense goes from bottom feeder to at least middle of the pack IMHO.

Yeah that’s my thought , Griffen , Flowers , Okwara pretty good 3 man rotation. Add a good DT , and need a LB or Two. And a coach that emphasize the pass rush and this defense get better fast

2 Likes

Even in the few weeks since I started this thread I think he has added a good bit of money to his next deal and probably priced himself out of the Lions resigning him.

Where does this notion come from that we somehow don’t emphasize a pass-rush?

Wtf have you been watching or even listening.

I dont think you understand how our scheme is supposed to work.
We emphasize pass-rush just as much as any team, we just don’t have the guys that are winning battles and getting to the QB. Okwara is the only guy who can beat a block and when we do send LB’s the other ones can’t cover or our DB’s can’t cover long enough for them to get there.

Have to disagree snags, if we did we’d emphasize it, we would have done something more than we did. 3 yrs of an anemic pass rush and our best move to aid it was a mid season signing of EG.

Quintricia emphasized secondary, IMO the exact opposite of what we should have done

2 Likes

Nope it’s you that don’t understand Patricia defense emphasize coverage and not the pass rush that’s well known. Why the heck do you think we carry 13 DBs and only 7 Dlineman. Why do you think you seen all them 3 man rushes .

1 Like

So you think it’s accidental that we get someone like Everson and all of a sudden he’s getting heat on the QB?!?

He’s not playing to our scheme?

I’d like to hope we can sign Okwara to a nice fair contract for both sides.

I’d prioritize him over Golladay.

2 Likes

Not at all, but the point is in 3 yrs of an abysmal pass rush, the most concerted effort was a mid season signing in yr 3?

If they valued pass rush is that how you address it? Is that why you run so many 3 man rushes and are one of the lowest blitzing teams?

Would you rather Golloday or Okwara and Marvin Jones for the same money?

2 Likes

Flowers was supposed to be a big part of solving our pass-rush woes…and drafting Julian, hasn’t worked out.
Getting Everson and getting heat comes back to personnel, not scheme like TC is trying to say.

I say move Trey inside

It is due to scheme. And they don’t emphasize the rush, undin has trid to produce some.

1 Like

Mostly bs, Flowers never had more then 7 sack in a season , and part of that was because they don’t emphasize the rush. Hell Patricia even talked about. And we didn’t really have pass rushing woes till we switch to this system. Griffen Flowers and Okwara will all improve with just changing the system.

1 Like