Rookie CB back off IR

Kind of cool to hear and hopefully see what he can do for the remainder of the season

6 Likes

Yep, let the kid get some experience. He showed a bit of potential early in the preseason and first couple weeks.

1 Like

That is good news, Hope he gets back in and gets some playing time for development.
He looked like he might have some good tools in the little he was in there.

He’s gonna be a nice starter

He’s why I don’t have CB high on our need list.

Melfionwu’s testing confirmed what was visible on tape: The Syracuse cornerback is an elite athlete. Melifonwu logged a Relative Athletic Score of 9.69, with a 4.48 40-yard dash, a 1.48 10-yard split, a 41.5-inch vertical, a 134-inch broad jump, and 16 bench reps. Even in a hyper-athletic cornerback class, Melifonwu has better tools than most.

3 Likes

He’s improving too. I think he has a relatively high floor, and a very high ceiling. He could be a very nice gem.

1 Like

I know they will go slow too…. Add reps each game if he can handle it as he gets back to game shape

1 Like

Honestly if he looks as good as Jacobs I’ll be happy. Parker I’m not quite as high on as others, but Jacobs has looked fairly solid. It’ll be interesting to see how they divide up playing time with Iffy back