Rookie DE/Edge defender sack projections

I really don’t know what to expect from Hutch. Hoping for a pleasant surprise. I’m sure the effort will be there. Dude is gonna go full on animal. What that translates to? Gonna be fun to watch

1 Like

I think walker is going to surprise a lot of people. He does go in coverage a ton. But i do agree with numbers from hutch. I was thinking around 7 or 8 sacks.

1 Like

I can see 9-10 sacks out of Hutchinson. His style is relentless. I see him as a 15 sack guy once he figures it out.

1 Like

I see Hutch breaking 10 sacks in year 1, when he comes off the field we have a battery of seasoned OLB edge types that are going to get theirs…The depth is now enough that it would be hard to take a 1 yr rental on a proven veteran at OLB/Edge …Hutchison, Paschal are big enough to be real DEs that can play inside which is what we have been sorely missing in the equation…Matt Patricia’s error was depending on Hand to be his inside chess piece with no effective backup plan… The key for the dline can be unlocked by several guys now, this was a perfect dline draft…Now i am dreaming about the LBs or DT that be available in 2023…I see room for an upgrade on Penisini, both starting LBs is possible but we should see some growth regardless.

1 Like

Those projections in the article came in about where I thought. Hutch could break into double digits, but someone else on the line has to play well to keep the DT off him consistently

1 Like

I would be very happy with 8 sacks out of Hutch next year.

3 Likes

If he gets 8.25 sacks I’ll be good.

2 Likes

I’d love to see him get 8 sacks against the Packers alone.

2 Likes

Anyone think the Lions would have grabbed Ojabo at 46, if he didn’t go at 45 to Baltimore?

I hope not. I like what we did, for sure

1 Like

I agree. I saw him sliding down the board getting closer to the 46 pick, and it was a wonder. I definitely didn’t want to wait a year for him to return.

1 Like

Huge fan of Hutch and the Wolverines… But with recent DL failures in the NFL from Wolverine DLman my guess is 4-6 sacks… and maybe over 10 only a time or 2 in his career… Super low expectations…

In the end I wish him the best but wont lose sleep over any failures!

So you’re thinking a KVB level career …

1 Like

But that extra .25 sacks will put him over the top

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.