Rousseau

If I have learned anything in the last few years it’s that kids coming out of Ann Arbor havent been coached up so Paye has alot of room to get better.I would be happy with either after a small trade down to 10 or so.

Problem is Sewell won’t be there at 7. No way.

So we take a WR at 7? That sounds crazy to me with one of the worst defenses in the history of our moribund franchise awaiting our newly minted GM/HC? Seems a recipe for continuing disaster. Gotta go D. Up front.

Doesn’t matter, you can’t reach for need especially at the very top of the draft. That’s how you end up passing on an Aaron Donald. I’d prefer not to go WR either (not without a trade down anyway), but if that’s where the value is, so be it.

1 Like

Gotta hope Parsons is there at 7 somehow. Maybe a QB run? After watching Devin White dominate in New Orleans, I couldn’t help but envision Micah patrolling sideline to sideline. An elite blue chip LB would make a huge difference to our D. But if he’s not there and the staff doesn’t think Rousseau is a man eating edge rush talent, then to your point, yes, you’ve got to take the elite talent BPA, regardless of position…UNLESS that position is TE!!

1 Like

Oh I think Parsons will be there, the off-the-field stuff is hurting his stock. I think he’ll bring it back up with his testing, but not that high. I see his range as 7-13ish. The question is will we take a guy with character red flags? We wouldn’t have under Quinn, but maybe it’s different now.

And freaky speed to power for a somewhat wiry guy

This… I think LB is relatively deep though. DT not so much, so I think we have to come out of day 2 with one of each. Flowers is here and in a more conventional scheme, may play more heavy DE on the left side. Romeo played well, and we can probably have him cheaper than any other team, just due to being able to play with his bro who’s locked up here for 3 more seasons. But do we pull that trigger? If we do, and we still have J Okwara, and perhaps not a JACK role for him, that puts him at EDGE too.

I like Rousseau as an Ansah type prospect but with better length and not quite as much explosion. When I look at our other potential options… uggg. WR? Not crazy as we will likely need a #1 or #2 (or both) and if you’ve checked out franchise tag numbers lately, it’s not crazy from a financial standpoint if he’s a true #1 guy. No DT’s are top 10 worthy. OT? Outside of Sewell, not too sure. Parsons is sort of sticking out as a top 10 defender, but how do you use him? Just another 1st round where we have a high pick and the “right” pick just isn’t there for us.

This may very well be the case.

We may be closer than we think on D if we re-sign Rokwara, draft Parsons and add a 3tech DT that is a cap casualty. Penisini Hand and Strong with Flowers dropping down sometimes, with a good 3TDT is not far off of a good front 7 when you add Collins and Parsons with Jokwara bouncing around between DE3 and OLB.

I mean it leaves us with crap at WR and SS, but too many holes for one offseason…

1 Like

Could not agree with this more.

I feel like the Falcons could make our decision for us. If they take Rousseau, Parsons should be there, but could go to either Cincy or Philly. If they take Parsons, Rousseau is going to be there, and if they take either Parsons or Rousseau, Chase will be there if one of them isn’t.

1 Like

How would you feel about dropping back to 12 and picking Christian Barmore along with acquiring the 49ers second pick in 21 and 22 and a sixth rounder in 2021

I’d do that, but I don’t think they’d give up 2 2nd rounders to move up 5 spots.

And it would depend on who’s on the board at 7. I’m not passing on Parsons/Smith and for me personally Fields to pick up extra second rounders. I’d rather have the all pro talent (potentially).

I think if they are sweet on Trey Lance and see him as a franchise QB they would do it. Think it would be a great landing spot for him with Shanahan.

I don’t even know if he goes in the first round. I think round 2 will be the sweet spot for DT. JMHO.

He’s a 1st rounder, 20s range kind of guy.

I think Barmore is the standout DT but think 12 would be high for him. But if you trade back then it is likely that Parsons, Rousseau and the three WRs are all off the board if picking 12.

I’d have no issue with taking McNeil or Nixon in the bottom half of the second or early in the third instead.

I’m backing off of Barmore a bit. For as much of a backfield wrecker as he is against the pass, he really struggles against the run. I saw play after play of him being washed out against the run, often by one guy. I’d really only look at him as a pressure 3t, and that high you should be able to do both.

1 Like

Rousseau kind of reminds me of Carlos Dunlap. Though I think Dunlap was also a bit more athletic coming out of school.

Yeah, I can see that. I remember being shocked Dunlap fell as far as he did during that draft, though maybe he had some character red flags? Seems like I remember something like that, and the Bengals didn’t care about it under Lewis.

Dunlap had a DUI his Junior year