Rumor: Deebo to Jets for No. 10

He doesn’t want to run the ball going forward, primarily because he knows RB’s don’t get paid like WR’s.

Not saying this is wrong - but is something a GM must consider. It was part of what made him dynamic.

Also, he was insulted by SanFran’s initial contract discussions. Something to consider.

And how does anyone know if he’s willing to play for Detroit. If he’s not happy going to Superbowls and NFC championships in SF, he probably ain’t going to love Detroit.

Yes, he is worth 10th but needs new contract.

But what about the beans, have you no love for the beans?

rowan atkinson dancing GIF

1 Like

I don’t believe he doesn’t want to run the ball. Every WR that talented has a few plays in the book for that. I believe he doesn’t want to run 59 times in a season.

The Lions rushed 300 times last year. That’s 20% of the rushing production by a WR. I don’t want to trade for him (mostly due to the contract), but I 100% understand where he is coming from if we did. Give him 1-2 touches a game and let him be a true WR and I doubt there’s an issue - especially on some reverses or turn arounds or something where he has open field the same way he would as a WR.

Just a reminder that there will be a lot of attention on WR in this draft early.

No doubt money is part of it, but there’s also the fact that the more he plays running back, the shorter his career is likely to be, and the more unpleasant the rest of his life when he’s done with football.

Honestly, if you’re a GM considering giving him a long-term deal, I would think you’d want to reduce his exposure as a RB anyway. Every time you put him in that role, you’re upping the risk of him not being able to play out his contract. It’s one thing to use him in all sorts of roles when he’s playing under a rookie deal. But if you’re committing to 25 mil a year? That’s a lot of risk.

That list is hilarious in some respects.

The Jags being on it just….

They picked their guys and spent huge dollars to get them.

That is funny as hell. But true. They have an aging #2, a way overpaid #2, and a way overpaid #3/4…

1 Like

Hooray! We are outside of the bottom ten!

Seems like that deserves a celebration unto itself…

1 Like