S Jason Taylor II—Playmaker

Had 6 INTs in 2022.

2 Likes

@Thats2 will be on board with him….

3 Likes

This is the IOWA guy we will want next year.

PFF College

@PFF_College

·

Apr 9

Lowest passer rating allowed in the slot last season: 🟡 Cooper DeJean: 11.5

2 Likes

I could definitely see this. Reuniting Taylor with Malcolm Rodriguez would be a very tantalizing idea. I like Taylor as a high ceiling player that might be coached out of mental errors, and his floor as a Special Teams contributor would justify the pick. He definitely seems to have that “clutch gene” that seems to be lacking on the team. He definitely seems to pop when the bright lights are on.

There was an article in the Freep today about the hiring of Bly as DB coach and the Lions looking for playmakers (much as Bly was), via free agency and the draft.

For that reason, I think CB Emmanuel Forbes is in play for a Lions selection at some point.

1 Like

He’s going to be drafted very high I would presume

I just looked at him the other day. I feel like, at least with draftniks, he is underrated when you combine his production with his athleticism.

Perer Schrager was talking this AM about 5 players he is hearing could go higher than many mock drafts have them.

2 Likes

Very well stated, pretty much sums Taylor up in a nutshell. He showed up in big moments throughout his career then he did it again at the combine. You want guys with that kind of chutzpah. He and Rodrigo were absolutely the two main leaders on a very good defense.

2 Likes

Bit of an odd list. Nolan Smith is regularly mocked in the teens, with same in the top 10 and some in the 20’s. Unless he goes top 5, doesn’t make much sense. Same with Kancey. Almost everybody has him in the first and s lot of people have him in the top 20 picks.

Gonzalez is interesting too. The majority of mocks have him in the top 15 with quite a few in the top 10.

1 Like

Yeah… not too bold with those 2 guys.

He mentioned that he is hearing Nolan Smith is going top 10 as his reasoning there…. and Kancey could be top 15-20.

And Schrager does have some of the best connections in the biz. It’s just right now that might actually hurt him, who knows?

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.