Saleh takes second interview with the NYJ - Lions might be out

Detroit isn’t the most coveted franchise, so maybe some of these candidates are slow playing them

1 Like

I would love that opportunity. I don’t know how your friend group is but mine is extremely competitive!

I would be kind of shocked if it came out that this was a factor in his decision but ya never know

1 Like

While I don’t totally disagree, can only play that game so long as there are only 32 of these gigs in the world.

If you play the fuck around game too much I think it looks bad for the candidate and teams may sour on them.

Just saying this goes both ways

Were about to get left overs.

Does Saleh have any ties to Jets GM Joe Douglas? He does have ties to Marvin Lewis (Baltimore), who they interviewed and Doug Pederson (Eagles in 2016). He also had ties to Adam Gase (Chicago in 2015) who they fired.

The Jets also are doing a very thorough search this time around.

• Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs offensive coordinator – completed (per team)
  • Joe Brady, Panthers offensive coordinator – completed (per team)
  • Brian Daboll, Bills offensive coordinator – completed (per team)
  • Matt Eberflus, Colts defensive coordinator – completed (per team)
  • Aaron Glenn, Saints secondary coach – completed (per team)
  • Patrick Graham, Giants defensive coordinator – re-signed with Giants (more)
  • Marvin Lewis, former Bengals HC and current Arizona State co-DC – completed (per team)
  • Robert Saleh, 49ers defensive coordinator – completed second interview (more)
  • Arthur Smith, Titans offensive coordinator – completed (per team)
  • Brandon Staley, Rams defensive coordinator – completed

Jets have more second interviews coming:

• The Jets finished up Robert Saleh ‘s second interview Wednesday but appear set to identify more finalists soon. They want to speak with Titans OC Arthur Smith again, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports (on Twitter). The Jets are not alone in pursuing Smith, who has interviewed for six HC jobs thus far. The Falcons are also high on the second-year OC.