Same. Old. Lions

If before the game I were to write that script (the one that happened) OR the Lions drop a 40 burger and destroy the Bears, I write yours for sure…put the mortgage on it.

Start of 4th

5 minutes to go

About 30 minutes ago

7 Likes

It keeps flipping them sideways, but you get the idea. I’m not going to fight with it anymore.

AP: “my God, what have I done?!” water flowing underground…

2 Likes

There really is nothing to say. I don’t even mention the Lions to my wife anymore, how shocked I am that they somehow, inconceivably, found a way to lose…again. Long ago her pat reaction to any Lions talk became a combination of pity and incredulity. She knows nothing about football. Yet she knows enough to know the inevitable- and what I can’t seem to accept; the Lions are never going to turn the corner. That seems like a bitter overreaction. But the more this happens, the more it actually sets…like concrete. Hope stings eternal. It’s a shame really. I genuinely like Matt Stafford.

2 Likes

We are up 13 minutes of the 4th quarter by running the ball and checking into safer plays. Matt made 1 mistake with a pick on 3rd down. Nothing was there though… and fans would have blamed him for taking a sack. But the real obvious issue is that we played press man with 4 corners injured when we had a lead. The bears didn’t face a 3rd down in the 4th quarter. They scored at will and all we had to do was soften up and force them underneath. They had the ball for under 2 minutes and scored 2 tds. After they scored on a long drive before that. This should have never even been on Matt’s shoulders. But because of complete failure… it was. And then he drove us down and threw a game winner… almost willing us to win after a complete meltdown by the coaches. We still failed. Sure. Blame the QB for not playing perfect against a great D.

I was pulling for the team not being set when they clocked it after that pass to the 10 yard line or wherever at the end of the game. Getting a flag and having the 10 second run off with 10 seconds left on the clock was the new inventive way for them to lose that game. But instead they decided to let one of the worst starting QBs in the league beat them and then drop an easy pitch and catch for the game winning TD.

They did some of the other teams a favor. Mitch bought himself a few more games of starting over Foles based on the Lions allowing him to march up and down the field in the 4th.

That no third downs in the 4th can’t be true…can it?

I can’t.

We always seem to fall a play or two short of victory. We always make crucial mistakes that stall drives or give up a big play when the game is on the line.

The team looked unprepared today. They made a lot of mistakes.

For a 3rd year in a row MP’s teams came out flat and making way too many mistakes.

Frustrating.

I’m almost there too

It’s just sad. The same bonehead mistakes, mental errors, rotten play calling year after year! Nothing changes with this team. Except the coaching merry-go-round every 4 years. You’d think after trying more coaches than God has put on this Earth one would be ok. Just sad, I hate liking this team. So frustrated. I mean, start of the 4th quarter I bet 80% of us here were cringing waiting for the Lion flop to show it’s predictable face. And guess what, yup. Ok, I’m done with my rant.

2 Likes

Well 9-7 and a winning record wasn’t good enough.
We NOW have MP’s players.
The team is STILL making the mental mistakes that cost Caldwell his job. Truth is they are making more.

I really felt this was a must win game for MP. In the terms that the fan base is about to turn on him and BQ like they did on Millen.

both have done more than enough to deserve to be fired.

5 Likes

Look at it this way, everyone has been pining for some normalcy, whelp, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you SOL.

1 Like

Like most others, we are only the wisest, because like Socrates we know that we can prove nothing.

The fig leaf I offer is only one: While I’m recently decisive about the amount of time that I intend to devote to this team - it is only one game. I’ve decided myself not to be rash. So I will give them the first 4 games. My guess is that I should know everything I need to know about them by that point.

I can’t prove otherwise, but I can reserve my SOL designation until then. Should the SOL designation nonetheless come then, as it probably will, I’ll form a superhero group called ‘fair weather fans’ and we will change the world by doing productive things on a Sunday afternoon rather than devoting our time to a shiftless hometown NFL team.

Get ready. Endgame is coming.

I think if Swift makes that catch to give us the win, we talk about how clutch Stafford is.

2 Likes

That remains ‘what-ifs’. But everyone here is talking ‘been-through-that’s’. It’s almost a fate game to me anymore. Greek in proportion. Their fate is inked, without a moment of divine contact. A miracle, some would say. Unless I see them climb to the top of a mountain, and return to the bottom transfigured, I won’t believe.

1 Like

Looks like we are in mid season form…and swift fits in perfectly in Detroit.

1 Like

45-Minute NFL Champions.

I agree with this, but thats what makes it even more painful in a way.

Exactly. Usually getting beat in the last minute is because the other team milked the clock so we have no time for a comeback. This one was cool because they got some of you (ok me too) to believe that the Bears left too much time on the clock. And it looked like a Stafford comeback of three years ago. But…nope…fooled ya! Can’t wait to see what’s next!

1 Like