Sauce or Hamilton at #2

If it came down to either a potential shutdown CB in Gardner or a potential field general and leader of your D at S in Hamilton what’s your pick.I have been high on Gardner through the draft process as well as Hamilton but to me it comes down to athletic ability and position.I myself would take Sauce he is faster and more athletic than Hamilton and would help make the CB position a hell of alot more formidable with his and AO size and speed on the outside.To me Hamilton is a target if they trade back to say 8-12 I just cant get past his lack of speed it matters in the NFL probaly twice as much as College and honestly his tape isnt all that.

I think Okudah is the X-Factor here. Does the staff think he can make the transition to safety? If so give me Gardner. If not give me Hamilton. Both Gardner and Hamilton are both similarly rated prospects to me so whats the bigger need.

3 Likes

Sauce. A really good S can be had at 32/34

12 Likes

This

1 Like

Huge.
He could be a top flight CB.
He could be a top flight S.
He could be average at either.
or…
He Could TOTALLY suck.

Massive X-factor for the team.

p.s. I still want the DL to be so good we don’t have to sweat the secondary as much, which is why I wanna go DL early…I feel it’ll impact the team more.

4 Likes

Sauce > Hamilton

4 Likes

Sauce is more fun to say than Hamilton…but what if we call him “Hammy?”
Now we have a conversation. :wink:

1 Like

Would much rather have a pass rusher. Start smashing QB’s consistently and the secondary will look much better. The secondary actually was decent last year, it was run defense and front 7 that really sucked.

2 Likes

If we draft Sauce-Brisker this will be my smoker come week one

8 Likes

I agree with the declaration about Hamilton. I would love to move down to eight for jermaine Johnson. Potentially a raven. (You know Baltimore). Gardner would be a good pick but so would cine or hill. Later in the draft. Next year detroit may be in a better situation to draft a safety and move hill into the cb position.

My last name is Hamilton and Hammy was one of my nicknames in High School…lol

1 Like

As an athlete, that nickname might bother me…
That was a joke in a movie I think.

A.C. Tear

1 Like

Yeah always got the better stretch dont want to pull a Hammy before our Hockey games…lol my first name is Randall everyone calls me Randy and my favorite nickname in school was Randall Pink Floyd off the Dazed and Confused movie…:laughing:

2 Likes

I’d take sauce and Dax hill over Hamilton.

Again this hamilton hype reminds me sooooo much of the Okudah hype… I just don’t see what others are hyping about.

1 Like

In that non-existent scenario, we have about 20 CB’s, and not enough Safety’s.

Hamilton all day long. Some say he might be the best player in the draft. Sauce is good, but I think people overate forty times.

Sauce no question for me

1 Like

I say pass on both. Hamilton wouldn’t have half the hype he’s got now if he were 6’-0" tall and if we want Sauce we can let another team draft him and just trade for him or get him in free agency later.

Hamidou Diallo is Hammy! Love watching him play.

Yes. If Okudah can be a safety, that changes everything. Its alot to hope for though.

Hamilton seems more like a Dan guy. Hard to pass on Sauce, though. I think these two are very high floor guys…almost sure things. To answer your question (and play the game), I’d say Sauce if we stay at 2 …very very close though.

1 Like

ahhh yes… I have a lot of respect for the opinion and prognostications of “some”…

“some” are rarely ever wrong.

I always look forward to when “some” post updates to their mock draft drafts and scouting profiles.

Big Sky Call GIF by ABC Network

2 Likes