Scarborough ain't half bad

Yes! Make them stop bo on 3rd, and if need be 4th too

2 Likes

Or have them both in there. Play fake it on a dive to Bo and swing it out to J.D. if you really want to go that route. But I agree. 1/2 yard to go and you’re trying to build a culture of pounding the rock. Give it to Bo. In general we need to use him a lot more in the red zone. He comes off the field down there way too much.

2 Likes

The three games he’s played in to date suggest that your assessment might be off base. Still too small of a sample size to say for sure but we might just have something here.

1 Like

Lost his starting position at Maryland, not sure why anybody expected much out of him here. Just another knock on Quinn that he was willing to roll with Ty when Scarborough was sitting on his couch waiting for a call.

Yeah, it has really been bothering me how they can’t seem to get him off the field fast enough when we get in the red zone.

Right. Could it be a lack of familiarity with the playbook. I’m hoping so bc it seems criminally stupid

2 Likes

Gotta give Quinn credit for picking him up. EVERY GM passed on Scarbrough, so I’m just glad he decided to give him a shot.

1 Like

I agree. I do think it’s more an issue of not trusting OL than rv though

1 Like

He runs hard and has better vision than KJ. I’ll give you that. Just not sure teams are even giving our run game a serious look as a threat.

1 Like

Maryland is loaded at RB though. Both McFarland (when healthy) and Leake are really freaking good.

Like I said, we’re about to face two top 6 run defenses. We’re about to find out.

1 Like

Need to correct my math. Bo is actually averaging 79 yards per game not 84. So 1250 yards over the course of 16 games.

2 Likes

He was not on another team and it absolutely blew my mind. I was pounding the table for the guy. We can discuss all day long what his draft status should have been, his weaknesses and all of that. But what is not debatable in my mind was he belonged on an NFL roster. NFL GMs completely overthought Bo.

2 Likes

I’m thankful we got him. Also, next time you are pounding on the table for a guy, please call Quinn and tell him.

2 Likes

I tried to call him at our official Detroit Lions number 1-800-POS-TEAM but he wasn’t picking up.

2 Likes

Lol - used up all of my likes for the day. Damn it, @Nate, I need more than 50 likes/day!

5 Likes

Bo does not look like a FB at all.

1 Like

I love what Bo has brung to the table here…but I’m not sure he’s someone you want to count on as much more than a 4th or 5th option on a team. I would gladly have him back for preseason to compete and be on the PS just in case.

no disagreement but I thought it was an interesting notion that the Seahawks had considered it or at least one of their beat writers had considered it. Like I said I don’t know if they actually used him in any capacity like that during the preseason. However here’s the Seahawks wire article among a few online
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/18/the-seahawks-could-try-bo-scarbrough-out-at-fullback/

I see him as part of a RBC. Granted, there’s not much film on what we do w/him, but I think Bevell is doing a good job of staying ahead of defenses, and Bo is sneaky for a big dude. I think he’s a good addition to the RB room, but I’m with you - I want a really nasty, angry RB with homer ability. I know they don’t grow on trees, and it’s probably harder to find one than I think, bud damn it! I want one!