Schefter: Rodgers turned down new contract

Agreed. I think it was a last straw with Erin. I think Packers leadership has two possibilities for making this right in his eyes:

• Fire the GM
  • Go back in time and draft contributing players instead of Love

I really don’t think there are any other options.

Agreed …… if Rogers is listening.

Don’t settle for peanuts. Make your demands known. Demand the GM be fired. Demand that they cut Love as proof they are committed to you and Demand a 5 year 200 mil contract. If they refuse then demand a trade to Denver.

Be a man Aaron …. Don’t let them push you around.

They don’t deserve you …. Heck you should just retire and show them who’s boss.

4 Likes

Yeahhh, lyric replacement posts…I’m thinking we need some good Aaron Rodgers haiku at this point…

2 Likes

I was wondering if this was leaked by their FO to gain fans approval to trade him.

The GB front office has done a good job of making Rogers seem like a player that they can’t work with.

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s the intent, but I don’t know what it really changes. Fans who are pro-management will be so regardless. Fans who agree with Erin that the team should be trying to win now aren’t likely to be moved, either.

Erin is a grade-A douchenozzle and whiner. He’s also the most talented quarterback of our era who is correct in this particular instance. Drafting Love vs. trying to win a championship now is a fireable offense.

2 Likes

Tell Aaron that “Hot Tub Time Machine” is only a movie–it’s not real.

LOL

about as much as I would like to punch Jay Cutler in his grill.

GB knew it wasn’t about money. This was a total PR stunt to make org look good and to say we tried to make it work. They never wanted Rodgers yet he still performed at all-star level. Let the man go!!! You didn’t want him, period

3 Likes

While I agree w/this, I still can’t bring myself to side with the drama queen… Or feel bad for Packer fans. LOL

He wants the GM fired….the packers should fire the GM.

The dopey GM has done nothing, Rogers was the MVP……… LAST YEAR.

Schilling for the GM here is some impressive crab bucket stuff

3 Likes

I’m still holding out hope that he either retires or has an “injury” that really isn’t bad but gets him IR’d for the season.

Great analysis by Jason at overthecap.com. I got a hunch, the deal offered to Rodgers is something like the McNabb deal referenced in his article . . . then the GM leaks info to Schefter. Whatever the case, it’s fun to watch . . . I mean really fun to watch. :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Competence. A competitive drive as intense as his own. Coaches and GMs willing to go all in the way TB and LA did.

5 Likes

Clearly they had planned to move on from him when they traded up to get Love.

Just do what you had planned to do GB. Get rid of that selfish bum. You don’t need him.

@DeadStroke thanks for sharing.

Honestly it sure feels like the GM is playing the media to gain popularity with the fans in GB and to make Rogers look like a big Diva. Which isn’t hard to do.

All I know is both Rodgers and the team are looking worse, and I’m all for it.

It’s amazing people gripe about Rodgers leadership when some said Stafford goes about his business like a true professional and is sooo tough…. I smell a lot of envy here. If Rodgers was our QB we’d be in love with his persona, State Farm commercials, Jeopardy and the chicks he dates. But since it’s GB who has basically owned the division during his career at our expense emotions get in the way. I sure as hell hope he leaves GB. His play in the pocket has been unmatched over the years. We’ve never had a QB who can do that while “Erin” (so clever) danced around our lineman before finding someone on a broken route. What did everyone think about Brett Favre? Same ole shit. Rodgers is tough af and gets pissed when his squad underperforms just like every other superstar in any sport except maybe baseball. If we want to talk about undeserving divas Jay Cutler is at top of the list but we were never as bothered because he didn’t win while we lost.

On that note… how bout the Brady speech at the white house today :rofl:. Truth. I’d bet there are plenty of 40%’s around here. And again, if it was our QB, many would love the candor, confidence and personality. Or if his comment rubbed someone the wrong way they’d be much more willing to look past it. But since we see rodgers so often and want our team to be where the packers have because of rodgers child’s play emerges instead of accurate analysis.

As much as people personally dislike Rodgers at the moment, would anyone prefer stafford over him for the past 10 years?

I think Rodgers is the best QB I’ve ever seen play football.
I think if he played in Detroit he’d get his ass handed to him every Sunday.
I think Rodgers is better than Matt.
I personally would rather surround Matt with talent and root for a good human.

What if Eric Ebron was the best ever to play the game? Would you like him?
I would not. Same holds true with Rodgers.

2 Likes

Ebron disdain sure does help with context…I wholeheartedly agree!

1 Like