Sean Payton officially out

I was thinking of all the coaches out there that could maximize Goff, it would be Payton. Due to DC having pre-existing respect for Goff before traded, I’m pretty sure Payton does as well and would know how to leverage Goff, who’s game is not that different from Brees but he has a better arm and shockingly mobility.

I was also wondering if Dan and Sean may chat from time to time this year in an unofficial capacity.

My 1st guess is that Payton wants a year to rest up… maybe do some part time TV work… and then consider his options. I could see him having some time to talk philosophy with Dan at times throughout the season. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Does Sean Payton take a year off and then take our OC position? Ben Johnson gets demoted back to TE coach and passing game coordinator?

Just hypotheticals here.

But it’s starting like we picked a much easier market of coaching jobs to have gone through the search process when there weren’t 9 jobs open.

I’d also be very interested to see what Saints boards are saying right now.

I don’t see Payton taking any coach that isn’t a HC… and may even want final roster control.

Or just want a GM job…
GM job is less of a grind than being a coach

No sir.

He takes this year off and then becomes the HC of the Dallas cowboys next year.

5 Likes

I bet Jerruh is already on the phone.

“I’ll fire him today, Sean, you just give me the word. I’ll spin this yacht around faster than Alvin Kamara and pick you up in Freeport.”

3 Likes

I’m a the cap doesn’t matter guy but they are at the point where they can kicked the can for so long it’s time to stink for a year and reset.

Plus the Lions are going to sign away one of the New Orleans best secondary pieces in Marcus Williams.

3 Likes

Zero chance Sean Payton comes here to be Dan’s OC

Unless McCarthy makes the Super Bowl next year he will be the Dallas HC (as mentioned above)

Word. Every single one.

1 Like

I know. I’ve put some pretty unrealistic stuff on this board but that is the most by far. Not sure I’d even want him specifically because of the short window you’d get him for.

I was kidding and just typing something I randomly thought of.

1 Like

No harm in “what if” :+1:

1 Like

You’re perfect for a message board!!

1 Like

Sean Payton came out? I thought he just got married?

1 Like

Payton is going to LA after the timeout guy gets fired

Dallas? I know they said that McCarthy is staying but things change.

Yes, the marriage removed all doubts. He’s a stud.

Mike McCarthy will go down as a weird side chick in the life of the Cowboys.

3 Likes

He does have those child birthing hips.