Seeking All Armchair "Draft Experts"

Last year I wanted to do a draft where you only got one trade with a caveat that if it included a pick for next year you could work that back in to this years picks. It forces you to be at least somewhat realistic. It was merged into the general one where you could in fact make 100 trades if that was what you wanted. I would like to request that we do get to have a thread that is just for 1 trade drafts. Is this something anyone else would be interested in?

I appreciate that but I’m completely in the dark on college prospects.

I nominate anyone but me!

1 Like

They’re all going to be running when Whalin’ Aidan comes after them…

1 Like

If nominated, I will decline.

If elected, I will not serve.

I don’t need no stinkin’ badges. I’m best suited as a mocker of mocks…

3 Likes
1 Like

Hes Perfect Mtv GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

2 Likes

I have mob ties.

3 Likes

do not nominate me either, I just follow everyday threads, never had a draft player I liked actually get drafted here.

1 Like

Dance flash mobs?

1 Like

Please not HSV… I thought about sending a PM on this but no way. I think HSV has good insight on drafting unless it has to do with QBs. Other than that… I give him props. But his QB suggestions leave me doubting the rest a bit. No offense HSV… I just wanted it out for commentary.

1 Like

I’d be glad to participate if invited. The only issue that I have with draft related content is that most simply reshuffle the names that have been out there since August…

For example I think Lloyd, McCreary, Burks, and Williams all have top 10-15 skill sets for sure, and frankly I expect 2-3 to be drafted inside that range…

It’s tough to take a lot from mocks that have us getting Burks or Lloyd at 26, or even London or Dean in 2… ?

There are like 15 guys who were being “mocked” top 32 back in August that have either not declared, fallen out of consideration completely, or are at least likely to be mid to late 2nd or beyond now…

2022 preseason mock draft had Rattler #1, Howell #7, neither Hutch nor Jordan Davis in the top 20!!!

Then look at most 2021 mocks… they have Pitts late teens, Fields #2… Rousseau and Barmore top 10! Dylan Moses top 10!

My point is that the masses seem to follow the Elite Prospects plan without adjusting for 2021 play. They say Picketts hands will measure 8" and be the smallest every measured at the combine for a noteworthy QB… What if Willis can’t hit the broad side of a barn? He only averaged 4.5 yards per carry against zero comp, and rushing from QB… Remember shoelace, LJax, hell look at S Howell who kills him in efficiency as a runner.

Again I’d love to be involved by my info comes from watching the games, and rewatching a few. I put zero faith in writes Mocks…

I keep seeing “we better take Hutch or Thibz” posts. Thibz is undersized and has the less tackles for loss or sacks than Devin Lloyd does from LB…

2 Likes

I think that in order to do the kind of evaluation that is likely to be somewhat accurate you need to evaluate the team needs of the teams that are drafting as well, and that’s pretty difficult for 32 teams. People can talk BPA all they want but that isn’t always how it works and in a draft where there is no top end talent, it isn’t very likely to be. This is kind of like being a cop, you do a good job and no one cares and you make one mistake and that’s all anyone remembers.

I think we need both HSVlion and Thats2. I value both their opinions and like reading their stuff.

They can be our Todd and Mel.

Whomever is elected should be able to go with a secondary Den name to ensure anonymity …

…only better looking

1 Like

I’m really good at ranking arm chairs.

1 Like

Absolutely spot on!

The Jags have drafted edge guys 2 of 3 years, and have had very little success with it. Between J Allen and K Chaisson they have a total of 10 sacks in the last 4 combined seasons… Or what we got from Harris and Bryant this year alone???

So they have a #1 OA QB with questionable weapons, and ZERO OL… Considering Neal was rated well ahead of Hutch, and maybe 1-2 spots behind Thibideaux in preseason mocks, he’s not exactly a stretch at #1 overall as a LT…

The Texans are a mess, but another scrappy team. They drafted Mills early enough in round 3 to give him a shot, and he’s outplaying most other rookie QBs, so how does he not get another shot? If he doesn’t, then drafting him overall was a waste right? They don’t really need a LT with Tunsil in place, but they could really use a Watt replacement or even a #1 WR…

The Jets and Giants are are both teams that will likely shy away from QB, but probably feel they need OL help and or weapons in the case of the Jets…

The Falcons are sitting at the perfect spot to draft their next QB without having to trade up… I would expect Matt Ryan will become a Giants, Broncos, Saints or Steelers QB next year…

Gonna tell you a secret. @Thats2 is Dane Brugler.

2 Likes

Then it’s a done deal. Thats2 (Dane Brugler) and CuriousHusker (Mel Kiper) are our Draft Experts. All rise!!