Sewell - - Why?

I love thiss guy, he brings the business every play! But what up with the pre-snap penelaties? The announcer said today he has the most in the league or something like that? What’s driving that? Lack of focus and concentration?

The one today hurt.

2 Likes

Kid is a stud, but he is a kid. What is he 22?

2 Likes

Yeah he’s had some bad penalties this year. He needs to get them cleaned up. He’s too good for that shat.

2 Likes

so how do you coach him up? Or is there a fear of alienating him if you take him to task? I don’t know. But my gut says you tell him to get with it.

He’s tied: 6th place for most penalties called by tackles with 9 others. Has played 1 more game than all but 1.
4 false starts, 3 holding and 1 blocking above waist. (Never heard of that one)
2nd year player at age 22! Just think, this is as bad as we will ever see him play, and I think he’s pro-bowl bound. He will only get better from here.

2 Likes

Both penalties last week were weak at best.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s an issue at all. He’s too much of a team (or family) guy to take it the wrong way. Don’t have to rip him to shreds, he already knows he needs to be better; but nothing wrong with calling him out when they watch film Monday.

4 Likes

Agreed. I don’t get that angle at all. We’re not talking about Zach Wilson here, we’re talking about Sewell.

1 Like

Maybe I’m
In the minority but I’ve not been impressed with his play this season. He gave up a few pressures today that had Goff rushing his throws.

I’ve heard him referred to as the best RT in the NFL….not bad for second year in the league.

3 Likes

Yes he has to be better.

He’s been better in run blocking than pass blocking

1 Like

Besides the fact that the Bills are a good pass rushing team, he had a 6th string practice squad OG playing next to him. That was a factor.

4 Likes

Thibs looked like a different player yesterday because he didn’t have to face Sewell. I love his play. He will get better with the mental and discipline part. Dude is a fricking rock star, man. The way he swallows up and neutralizes rushers is seemingly and underrated part of his game. Rock star.

4 Likes

Yup. He’ll get there. It’s been said that:

‘Youth is wasted on the young’.

If you don’t get it, you’re probably young.

All it means is that they’re young. Haven’t learned everything yet. He will, though. So will the rest of them. Hell, I haven’t learned everything yet and I’m 63. There are times when I don’t know what I need to know NOW.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.