Sheila Interview -- I told you!

I researched her when she first took over and everything I mentioned she touched on… she is the biggest move done!

5 Likes

I didnt realize she shadowed her mom for years and how that helped her become ready for taking over!

2 Likes

Night train Lane …yes! That says something…

4 Likes

I know right?!

It would be like Swift coming to your birthday party today

1 Like

Competitive, compassionate, open minded, and a love for the game. I feel like we are in good hands. Her mom tried to do the right thing but was definitely in over her head. Shiela is fierce enough to see this through. Bringing in Chris Spielman was probably the next biggest turning point for the franchise.

Of course we gotta start winning or it’s just the SOL. But it feels different this time around.

9 Likes

I think that Sheila’s competitiveness in tennis is a plus for her, but I think she has her fathers loyalty to a fault and I think we see that with the loyalty for Rod Wood and him having no accountability for the hiring of Quinntricia, firing of Caldwell and the mishandling of CJ’s retirement.

4 Likes

The Den praising ownership, never thought I’d see the day. The world is turning inside out.

9 Likes

or it could be that he has earned that Loyalty.

6 Likes

Agreed. Rod Wood has worked his way into the Ford family. Although I think that’s why Spielman was brought in as a bull shit detector as far as everything else. I believe as they continue to build this thing they’ll find weaknesses in Rod’s abilities and just hire more people to put around him to limit his carnage. But you’re right, he’s not going anywhere.

3 Likes

Yea, just like Matt Millen and Russ Thomas.

6 Likes

I honestly don’t remember, but what did Rod Wood do regarding CJ’s retirement?

I personally would say he was held accountable as he had his decision making powers scaled back. He hired Bob Quinn if memory serves, but Holmes/Campbell were hired by Spielman/Shelia.

Put Rod Wood as far away from the football aspect of his job and we are good. I’m sure he was a major part in bringing the draft to Detroit in 2024.

2 Likes

As of her loyalty, I think we seen it when she booted MP and BQ…. It’s too the team first and then leadership and players….

1 Like

That’s pretty accurate from what I’ve saw. I’ve met her (more than once) and I wouldn’t claim to know her anymore than you can know a casual acquaintance but in my job you learn to sum people up rather quickly. So here’s my take.

She’s loyal - probably to a fault.
She’s polite.
She has good intentions.
She is a smart woman and she has a teachers background. She reminds me of the 3rd grade teacher everyone liked.

But she’s an inexperienced leader/manager and she is relying heavily on those she hires to close that gap.

I truly think she means well and I know she wants to win and turn it around. I’m just not convinced she has the skillset to accomplish it. I think she recognizes that and would freely admit it too. That is why she hired Spielman to be the voice in her ear. That’s why she wants a collaborative effort in the front office.

I’ve met Ford Jr, and have had more interactions with him than Shiela. I’ve never met Ford Sr but I know the Ford family wants a winner. Who doesn’t …… but it’s Shiela who’s the most passionate about it. That’s why her mom put her in charge.

My hope is that Spielman and the rest of the FO can figure out the management side because all Shiela brings to the table is support, desire and passion. Three great traits but she doesn’t have the managerial skills that successful business owners have. That’s the only real concern.

7 Likes

Do you think Sheila’s husband was jealous when she wrapped her legs around Coach Dan?

• Yes!!! He wanted to kick his ass, but is nowhere near badass enough to get that done
  • No!!! He’s too old to hold up to that sort of pouncing anyway, so he didn’t mind!
  • Other (please explain)

0 voters

1 Like

Oftentimes the biggest move is admitting what you don’t know and bringing in people to correct that.

11 Likes

Smart people surround themselves with smarter people to run a successful business. Dumb people surround themselves with “yes” men and run business into the ground.

10 Likes

You’ve been looking at my work history again haven’t you? Lol

2 Likes

You know you’ve set the bar high, when you dry hump the Coach after winning a single game, lol

4 Likes

Kinda like Bob Quinn hiring his fat buddy from his previous job instead of interviewing a bunch of qualified candidates.

2 Likes

The reason they have the setup they have now is a direct response to the amount of authority that was ceded to Quinn when they brought him in.

You keep laying so much at Rod Wood’s feet, but he was little more than a liaison when he began his reign as team president.

Martha’s friends (owners of the Giants and Panthers) are who convinced her to fire the old squad and move on, which she did. Caldwell’s firing lays at the feet of Bob Quinn. He, as Caldwell pointed out, never wanted Caldwell to begin with.

5 Likes