Should the lions trade Hock?

Hock is one of the building blocks. I don’t see them trading him. I wouldn’t.

2 Likes

He sure is a talented young man, when he came on that blitz yesterday off the edge and got juked out of his pants, it was actually pretty funny. He might have needed to change his underpants after that.

The logic is sound, really. This poor guy has been jeered for being taken 8th OA, and then had to put up with Patricia’s horseshit lockerroom for 2 years, and now gets a full meltdown season with a guy that can’t get him the ball, and more of the same next year.

This guy is going to sign a long tern deal with us? He is witnessing Stafford get Football Jesus Jr attention and mad stacks of endorsement cash after 8 weeks of NOT being a Lion…ya think he’s gonna suffer 12 seasons like Matty did?

F no.

This is the problem with a toxic culture and consistent losing. NO one wants to play here. You think Collins wanted to stay? Sure didn’t look like it. Looks happier now, huh? Slay looks pretty happy and Rich too!

You have to provide some hope. These poor guys are only in their 20s and usually have very little experience with losing. We as fans have been feeding on it for generations…they have no idea how to handle it…

If he isn’t going to re-sgn you trade him. maybe not this year, but with this looking like 2025 before we have any real chance at not being anything but what we were in 2014-2016…(and guy’s c’mon, this is exactly what it is…2025…) then letting him walk for a bullshit comp pick the year after he leaves is criminal mismanagement.

No.

1 year before Stafford arrived we became the first 0-16 team in NFL history. It’s only fitting that the first year without him we again rewrite the history books and become the first 0-17 team in NFL history. As far as Hock is concerned you keep him as long as you can. On a team devoid of talent we need to keep the few pieces we have unless someone absolutely blows your socks off(which I don’t see happening for a TE - which is another reason I wasn’t overly thrilled with this pick in the draft at the time because of the position). I don’t see that offer coming so you hang onto him.

1 Like

Let’s be honest since Slay joined the Eagles, they have sucked. He went from one terrible team to another. The Eagles 2020 season for example was a dumpster fire.

1 Like

True. Still happier than here, still richer than here.

2 Likes

Maybe yesterday he was happy. It’s been almost as bad in Philly the past couple seasons as the Lions.

Last year they went 4-11-1 and this year they are 3-5. So Slay is 7-16-1 since leaving. If that makes him happy than good for him. He’s definitely rich I’ll give you that.

1 Like

Not playing for Matt Patricia AND being on bad team is better than being on a bad team with Matt Patricia

2 Likes

That’s fair! Really setting the bar high.

1 Like

Seriously, guys. He’s under contract for 21 and 22. We’ll obviously pick up his option, meaning he’s under contract for 2023, too. If need be, we could franchise him for 2024. It’s WAYYYYY too soon to talk about trading him. Like, two years too soon.

4 Likes

depends on if he asks for too much per season, otherwise hell no !

If he walks away we get nothing, building around a TE is dumb as rocks. And if he stays we will over pay for a TE.

Very smart bit of perspective. Hope he’s got faith in what we’re doing here. He strikes me as a young and impressionable dude.

Word! Have to agree, and must win enough next year to keep him interested (in faith of what we are doing), AND hope he was serious, with all the stuff he said when he was drafted about how he felt he belonged here and why. He was talking about signs from the universe and stuff like that.

Thanks for that, bro. Whew. Some of these cats had me sweating a bit.

GTFO no way. We can franchise him & hope things are trending upward by then. If he communicates he wants out at that time and we have not improved sure.

1 Like

I just got off the phone w/ TJ and he was praying to the sweet baby Jesus that we trade him. He said he will make sure in all his interviews to tell everyone how great the fans in Detroit are and that he loves the town and fanbase

2 Likes

LOL - Gotta give you credit for that one, man. Funny stuff.
here’s Jesus’s response…

jesus deal with it GIF

1 Like

Lets not trade Hock.
But lets get him a haircut, puleeze.

I have an idea for a new hairstyle for him…

The Rock Eyebrow GIF by Jumanji: The Next Level

2 Likes

hair dresser GIF

1 Like