Sick of Justin Field hype

Watched the Bears coverage guys this morning breaking down Fields vs the Lions. They showed several times when Fields should have thrown the ball but ran and one was a potential TD. Also showed when he did pass but held on too long and it almost got picked. He needs to grow, buying time with his legs should give him plenty of options but at this point he isn’t seeing them.

3 Likes

Mooney, Claypool, Kmet and Montgomery are pretty good weapons…

3 Likes

Unless he improves. Many people said the same thing about Jalen Hurts right here on this board 4 months ago and now I don’t think anyone would be surprised if he was a championship winning QB.

Fields reminds me more of Michael Vick and Cam Newton.

Lamar is a better passer then all three. Not great, but better.

What Fields is doing right now is extremely impressive. He would be even better and more exciting in the Lions offense (with a healthy Jamo).

Can you imagine the plays Johnson could design for Fields running behind this offensive line?

Still, Fields is just a slightly lesser version of Lamar Jackson who although he wins a ton of games in the regular season still doesn’t have a playoff victory. And the Ravens have a good coach and usually have good defense.

If Eberflus is any good, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fields rack up some regular season wins in the future.

They won in Tennessee a couple of years ago I think.

1 Like

No one knew fields was this kind of runner. He will get defensive looks similar to Lamar moving forward. I believe fields was a better passer out of college. I have no doubt he will be able to pass at a Lamar level…which isn’t very good.

They are as similar as it gets, IMO of course.

1 Like

Good catch. Besides that win, he is 0-3 in the playoffs. These great running qb’s can win in the playoffs, but their offenses certainly seem limited.

If you could go back to 2021, would you take Fields instead of Sewell? Sewell is a really good right tackle but that position is certainly easier to fill than finding a talent like Fields.

Funny how that works in some places, but, never in Detroit?

3 Likes

I’ll be surprised if Fields lasts to a second contract with the Bears

2 Likes

If we’re being honest, this Lions D has turned a corner, I’ve seen this movie before, Fields is a great running QB that still needs polishing up on how to read a D, this isn’t unique for a young QB

The small caveat I’d have with hurts is that he’s playing behind the best line in football. Wentz looked like an all pro when he had the best line. They started getting injured and wentz quickly fell off a cliff. So we’ll see how hurts does the next few seasons.

1 Like

So did Dak in his amazing rookie year

Funny how a dominant O line can change a narrative on a young QB

1 Like

No he didn’t.

No they’re not. St. Brown runs circles around those two combined. You saw the impact St. Brown made in that game and the same impact he’s made his entire career. Everyone on the planet knows he’s getting the ball and he still gets open.

St. Brown is a top 15 ish WR in the NFL right now. Claypool and Mooney probably aren’t top 30.

1 Like

So, you’re taking St. Brown, Kalif and Wright over Mooney, Claypool, and Kmet!? I am not.

I really like St. Brown, but Mooney put up 1000 yards last year, and Claypool has been over 800 yards twice in his career. Kmet is way better than Wright.

Saying Fields doesn’t have any weapons is simply not true. They do need a massive O-line upgrade for sure.

7 Likes

Fields is a lot sturdier than RG3. Watching the Lions assault Fields on that last play last Sunday with JOkwara finally taking him down had me flashing on Godzilla. I do think if Fields was in Philadelphia, they’d dump Hurts like a _____.

He doesn’t have nothing but none of those guys are exactly good. His O line is absolutely trash.

Hold on, let me just make sure I’m reading this right. Justin Fields is better than, Jalen Hurts??? That can’t be a serious take.

But I’ll make one that others will probably laugh at. Jalen Hurts is better than Lamar Jackson. And I’m serious lol…but most know my stance on Lamar.

1 Like

That’s easy for me, not a believer in Jackson to do more than he is now, win some games, put up exciting stats, lose early in the playoffs.

1 Like

and… because he COULD have been a Lion???

2 Likes