Sick of Justin Field hype

A QB running the ball 15 times every game getting hurt, who would have thought.

4 Likes

1000% agree… that was a true “race bait” and frankly most of the stats posted to try and justify the race bait are equally comical…

So John Elway averaging 3.3 carries per game or Aaron Rodgers and his 3.0 carries per game are in the same conversation as Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields?

How about a bit more PRACTICAL STAT- to determine who is, or IS NOT, a running QB…?

Most rushing attempts by QB in a single season?

If we slightly adjust for “semi- modern day” NFL… since 1980?

1. Lamar- 176
  2. Lamar- 159
  3. Lamar- 147
  4. Hurts- 139
  5. Cam- 139
  6. Cam- 137
  7. Lamar- 133
  8. Kyler- 133
  9. Cam- 132
  10. Cam- 127
  11. Cam- 126
  12. Vick- 123
  13. J Fields- 122 (already top 13… on pace to break the record)
  14. J Allen- 122
  15. T Tebow- 122
  16. RG3- 120
  17. Mike Vick- 120
  18. Russ Wilson- 118
  19. R Cunningham- 118
  20. M Vick- 113
  21. Cam- 111
  22. Hurts- 110 (already this season and climbing)

I truly don’t think guys who in their prime were running 5 times a game for 20-25 yards as running QBs…

Frame of reference… Field is on pace for just 20 passing attempts per game… The next lowest full season by a QB in modern era is Vick at 24.9 and Lamar Jackson at 25.1 attempts per game one year… Kap averaged 25-30 plus attempts per game in his full seasons, and just about 6.5 rushes per game…

4 Likes

Kind of makes sense that RB’s don’t last…well, either do QB’s running the ball like a RB.
Lamar seems to be the outlier but he doesn’t take the hits that Fields takes, he’s a smarter runner and doesn’t seem to take the shots.

Lamar peaked in his 2nd season in the league. A year he’s never likely going to match ever again.

2 Likes

Lamar is still only 25 years old, he’s only 2 years older than Fields despite being in year 5 in the nfl, Some team is going to give Lamar a massive 2nd contract and history tells us they will most likely regret it.

1 Like

And yet a lot of people here want a running quarterback?!?!?

1 Like

I think we would all love a dual threat QB like Allen or Mahomes, but good luck finding those unicorns. A run first QB, hell no for me!

3 Likes

But so many were cackling about how great Fields was…and now the foreseeable has happened.
Oh well, I guess Fields has his arm to fall back on.

baby mean GIF

3 Likes

Nicely broken down.

1 Like

What they are going to do with Fields is : work doggedly with his throwing and his footwork, so he no longer stands there and takes sacks AND he can throw a very accurate football , THEN Fields will become DANGEROUS !

Bear down…continue to be Da Bears, and hire a new coaching staff as they look for a new QB.

1 Like

Haha yep!!

Chicago Bears Hug GIF by NBA

1 Like
1 Like

Haha!

1 Like

nope, I think they are smart-enough to understand that Fields loves to run first and he excels at it…but he needs help with his passing and being more mobile in the pocket/elusive, to lessen the sacks so A: work on his throwing and reading a defense, B work on his footwork in the pocket, then he’s a bad ass.

but CAN he be? That’s the real question. The other stuff is all a given. Difference between your opinion and mine is that you believe he can, and I think he’s gonna flop like a fish out of water. Of course they’re going to try to help him and get him help.

they get him that or he’s gone !

I hop they stick with him for 5 or 6 years!

2 Likes

I care if a QB can : stay upright and healthy.
B: Can score regularly.
C. is very accurate.
D: Is NOT a mannequin that cannot move and he takes sacks= HAVE SOME Vision & Mobility! far more than if he can run.

Both on and off the field!!

1 Like