Sign another TE i think we have 7 or 8 now signed

signed TE Jordan Thomas to a Reserve/Future Contract he is young an big 6’5" and 278 pounds He has shown with few teams i think they just don’t have place for him.

I think he fits the blocking TE Lions have been looking for i mean cost is nothing but if he works out an helps run game great.

1 Like

Doesnt surprise me…imo, Brad’s already planning for a potential no Hock future. TJ is more than likely going to be looking to be the highest paid TE in the league when his contract is up; no way can the Lions justify that much cap $ into a TE that isnt a guaranteed, pereninial top 1 or 2 in the league at his position, and TJ aint that.

Hock is under contract for 2 more years before they even have to decide whether to slap the franchise tag on him… signing a street FA has zero impact on their plan with Hock.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it just has more to do with TE being a flexible body type that can contribute on special teams paired with a shaky depth chart at that position than it is a statement on Hock’s future.

1 Like

Just look at what we started doing with our Swiss Army knife FB?!

I think they want a TE that can be multipurpose in the field

I disagree they are looking for a couple of heavy blockers an will pay Hock when time comes.
This guy would be like extra OL man on certain plays.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.