Slay to Eagles finalized

1 Like

Slay is gone. Looks like a 3rd and a 5th.

3rd and a 5th…I’m cool with that!!! He ws disgruntled and needed to be moved unfortunately!

3 Likes

Finally some details. Thanks for posting.

3 year extension. Will make him one of the highest paid at his position.

Damn, I was hoping for at least a 2nd rounder. I’m guessing the contract is what led to getting less.

Positives - It’s always nice to get multiple picks and Slay was moving on anyhow. This opens up some cap space and provides a little extra ammo. If the Lions trade down from that #3 pick they could wind up with a lot of picks.

1 Like

Hope it was the higher 3rd pick, think it was 80 something

Lets not forget Lions had no leverage in this one.

2 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Yep, for sure.

It doesn’t help when the guy is openly tweeting that he wants out + he wants a raise and an extension. Those things didn’t help the Lions at all.

The roster now is much worse than last year at this time. Wtg, Quinn.

2 Likes

85th pick it looks like

3 Likes

How long do they have to wait before just handing those picks to New England?

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how that shakes out, but this is what I was talking about a few weeks ago.
He has 30 mil guaranteed. That’s 2 years at 15 mil per. He’s under contract for a total of 4 years, but the likelihood is, if his play drops off he can be cut after 2021.

WE could have done that deal. It’s even less than I thought it would be for. It’s a 16 mil average per year.

3 Likes

well, there it is case closed.

I would have preferred a 2nd. BQ is a wimp and took a weaker offer.

Although he did get more than Jaguars got for Bouye.

1 Like

I will take a 3rd and 5th for a disgruntled Slay. I would love for the to draft Winfield Jr in the later rounds.

1 Like

At least we get a comp pick next year…

Do we?