So just finished Ozark

Ozark was good. The writing started to fade a little I think for the last season. Some character motivations were suspect and the idea that Marty could go to Mexico as proxy to the boss and lead a major drug cartel was a stretch

The only thing that really started to annoy me about the show was the constant blue lens tint for filming

My only issue with ozark was just the amount of things that would constantly go wrong like every day. I mean something different EVERY day and not like ‘oh I left a drink on the table now there’s a ring’ kind of wrong.

even breaking bad would have a lull of episodes of everyday things, or perhaps trying to set stuff up before crap would happen.

Sounds like my life trying to keep a brewery running

1 Like

I really enjoy seal team. They have two guys on the show that we’re actual operators. So it’s as accurate as they can get. Scott foxx was a seal and Tyler grey was former delta.

They didn’t need to recycle palpatine though. If you ever played the Star Wars video game the old republic they could have made the first order the eternal throne. That would have made more sense as to how they got this powerful organization out of nowhere. And you could have had Luke and his new Jedi order battle the old Sith Lord and his twin sons and daughter.

Yup!

I think having the FBI know what Marty was up to from start to finish was a mistake, because you are limited in where the story can go. Hank didn’t find out that Walt was Heisenberg until midway through the last season of BB. That let the story spend a few seasons having Walt try to stay close to his brother-in-law while also interfering with the investigation. They got some good drama and comedic moments from it, and then as the show wrapped up we got to see Hank unleash his fury. You don’t have that option if the DEA already knows Walt cooks meth but can’t quite prove it in a court of law.

The same thing goes with the FBI in Ozark, plus it strains credibility that the feds wouldn’t get pissed off and arrest Marty anyways after they got sick of playing cat and mouse. The arrest alone would have made the Byrdes radioactive to all of the unwitting dupes and other crooks they needed on board to pull off their schemes.

I liked both, but Breaking Bad had more bald dudes. Easy choice.

Breaking Bad did a good job of developing characters on both sides of the argument as well. I thought it was pretty cool and was glad you guys talked me into it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Good ones!
A couple oldies but goodies:
Mad Dogs
Hand of God

1 Like

Most of the series was a little weak, but the final episode of Obi Wan was pretty B+/A-
Definitely better than recent Star Wars movies.

Some of my recommendations, as I look over my list, besides the aforementioned Ozark which sucked the last season but I digress…

Midnight Mass (Highly recommend for those who like Horror but very smartly done horror, not typical gory horror)

Mindhunter (Don’t know why Netflix cancelled it, ridiculous decision)

Some of the more popular ones like Cobra Kai and Stranger Things. The Witcher had a strong Season 2 after a pretty weak Season 1.

The Last Kingdom is a hugely underrated show that doesn’t get talked about enough. Kind of like a Vikings meets Game of Thrones but without the shitty last few seasons that those shows had. Highly. highly recommend for those of you who are into that genre.

Currently watching The Boys which is crazy but crazy awesome. Waiting for the return of Better Call Saul and Stranger Things. I’ll probably watch Umbrella Academy in the meantime now that I finished the final episode of The Boys.

Oh and the Narcos series is really good too. Based on Pablo Escobar the first few seasons then focused on the Cali Cartel and Mexican Cartels in the later seasons.

Oh and Man in the High Castle was really good although lost some steam towards the end. First few seasons were epic though.

A Just started watching The Offer . . . stars Miles Teller (from Top Gun Maverick).

It’s about the making of “The Godfather” . . . a lot of interesting shit went on behind the scenes, going to enjoy this one.

I think it’s a must for anyone that enjoyed “The Godfather” . . . so that means everyone.

1 Like

Seconded… great underrated show!

1 Like

@Nate
GODFATHER!

1 Like

Just starting watching Reacher, pretty good so far.

2 Likes

Yeah that was good. Plus he fits the actual character in the book, unlike the pipsqueak Scientologist in the movies…

Season 3 of Umbrella academy just landed on Netflix. Not quite as good as the first two seasons. Still fun though

Just finished second half of the new Stranger Things. Pretty good, this link made a good point though

1 Like

LOL - I have this buddy who is one of the best local singers in Orlando. He gets a lot of the higher dollar gigs in town, and does a great job. He remade this song, and it is super-cheese. Everyone teases him about it. He looks like he could be in Metallica (though he doesn’t carry himself with that energy), and he’s up there singing this one. Peopel get so puzzled when that shows up in his playlist, and it’s funny as hell.

1 Like